Winter Tires? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Winter Tires?

Ok everyone,

So i know it's a little early for most people to be thinking winter, but i live in Michigan so i always need to be ready 2 months in advance. Plus, there's a website that i'm considering buying tires from that has a good deal on them right now so i guess i'll just be really prepared this year.

Anyway, the tires i'm trying to choose between are the Nokian WR-G2:
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8982-nokian-wr-g2-tires.aspx
And the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R tires:
http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-8972-nokian-hakkapeliitta-r-tires.aspx

They both seem like really good tires but i'm at a loss as to which one i should get. If anyone has had any experience driving these tires on a G6 please let me know, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if any of you are thinking about getting any snow tires, TiresByWeb has a pretty good promotion going on right now. If you enter NOKIAN40 at checkout you can get $10 off of 1 Nokian tire or $40 off a set of 4 Nokian Tires. Plus all their products come with free shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
idk if you are just lookin at them because they have a deal on them but ive got the goodyear eagle gt's and there an all season performance tire and they did awesome for me this winter in ohio and we got pounded this year. i know that doesnt answer your question but idk if you want to have a set of tires sitting around during the offseason if you can get an all season tire it would save you some room in your garage!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in