Which Strut Bar would you recommend for the 2008 Pontiac G6? - Pontiac G6 Forum
View Poll Results: Which Strut bar do you recommend?
GM Strut Bar 2 25.00%
Racingline Strut Bar 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Which Strut Bar would you recommend for the 2008 Pontiac G6?

GM Strut Tower Brace?

OR

Racingline Strut Brace?

Also, were would I get this strut bar? Would I be able to get the GM strut bar at the dealership?

I just want people opinions on this topic. I want to get the best. I've seen some that utilize 2 screws on each strut and the raceingline one uses all 4 on the strut on each side. I'm just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmage View Post
Also, were would I get this strut bar? Would I be able to get the GM strut bar at the dealership?
A friend told me about this new search engine called "Google" the other day. Seems like a strange name, but it seems to work.

06 GT - black on black
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM

You can try gmpartsdirect.. I heard the racingline is on back order but may be cheaper.

I dont have one but have heard great things about the racingline, not sure on a factory gm one..

JT

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

google is a interesting tool. I'm a IT Director smarty-pants! ... I'm asking for advice from other that have done this themselves... G6 owner advice can't be googled... smart one :P
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Well, unlike headlights I don't think you'll get too many "so-and-so's STB is great but this-n-that's STB sucks!". I mean, as long as it fits the car you just bolt it on and go (faster around curves ). Actually there were some brands that had hood clearance issues but AFAIK both of your choices are OK in that regard. So I guess price out what's best for you and git er done!

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 06:43 AM
beeeeeeefy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jts08g6 View Post
You can try gmpartsdirect.. I heard the racingline is on back order but may be cheaper.

JT
this... you can still place an order at racingline but im pretty positive Taz said they wouldnt be there till next week.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmage View Post
google is a interesting tool. I'm a IT Director smarty-pants! ... I'm asking for advice from other that have done this themselves... G6 owner advice can't be googled... smart one :P
Actually, quite often when I am searching for info on the G6, the first few hits on google are links to threads on this site.

Andrew

08 G6 GT

Modifications: Spyders, HID's Lows/Fogs
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM

Just got my racingline used from a member here and I like it. It had a hole pre-stamped for the power steering ground post (also believe that post is also used if you have a manual for the clutch fluid tank) so I didn't have to grind anything off. Install was simple too.

Now as for it's effectiveness, it does help, but will not let you take clover leaf on/off ramps much faster than before. Meaning, you won't be adding crazy MPH to that turn, though it does feel more solid at the same speeds from compared to without the bar.

Regarding getting the one over the other... I don't think it'll matter. On my GTO, GM put a factory STB on the car and I replaced it with one from BMR fabrication that was 4 times as thick. It was painted to match and looked mean as hell, but did not offer any more stability over the stocker. So I think that regardless of the one you go with, it'll offer similar performance. Now, if the racingline was adjustable like the ones I had in my Grand Am, then that would be a different story

Left a 421RWHP 2004 GTO, but honestly loving the G6 GT coupe!

Past Pontiacs
87' white Firebird(sold)
01' green Grand Am SE2(traded for the 03')
03' orange Grand Am SC/T(totaled)
04' blue GTO(traded for the G6)

Current Pontiacs
00' tan Montana(I swear, its the wife's)
06' black G6 GT Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in