offroad g6.....possible? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

offroad g6.....possible?

Hello all. I am brand new to this forum. Here is my question.

I drive to the steel mills everyday and where I enter is the truck exit. The road is extremly bad and I do not want to get a truck. I love my g6. What will it take to make it "offroad" capable? I would perfer a lift to it also. Make it a little bit aggressive. Making the car be able to handle very rough roads is my goal. I have a 2006 g6 v6 sedan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 PM

If you want to spend go with coiler. You can adjust the height on those. Check with "sexyg6" he just put them on his ride.

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
I am going to pretend like I never saw this thread lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Not all g6's have to be street cars. Lol. I want this car to survive extremely rough roads. Is that to much to ask for?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Halt! I am Reptar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton8970 View Post
Not all g6's have to be street cars. Lol. I want this car to survive extremely rough roads. Is that to much to ask for?
Yes.

Photo Gallery
http://erik.warpfactor10.com/sigpic30888_1.gif
2005 Pontiac GTO
6.0L LS2
Corsa Sport Catback Exhaust
JHP Mud Guards
Vinyl Overlays
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 PM

A lift kit would be ok... but it will look very different seeing as some of use.. If you decid to lift is, pictures are a must.

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 AM

you dont need to really do anything at all to it unless you have like 2' deep holes, ive had my GXP on a lot of "roads" and rivers in WY with no problems you just have to have common sense lol......however i just lowered my car on coilovers, and because ill be tking a trip to wyoming/ montana again this summer i wanted to see how high you can raise it back up, and it appears you can raise it higher than stock to where i have about 12" of ground clearance or so...........if you want an extra inch of clearance get some bigger tires you can fit at least 235/50/18s (not sure what your equivelent 17" size would be) so theres an inch or a little better more ground clearance......as other 6s come with 225/5018s as compaired to your 225/50/17s

u can prob do it with coilovers but i think your best bet will be air bags because you have to take the wheels off every time you want to adjust the height on the coilovers

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Dark Gray Metalic
Bought Feb 28 2009 with 24k miles now has 130k miles RIP Baby death snowplow 1-30-11
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4757

Carbon Black Metalic 2009 G6 GXP Coupe
Bought Oct 8 2010 with 35 miles

Mods so far: every single performance mod and a whole lot more, fastest NA G6
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7974

1/4 mile: [email protected] 109.23

Performance Red Metalic 2009 G6 GXP coupe
bought june 29 2012 with 3400 miles

Mods: RACE CAR- full race fuel setup and in the process of converting to RWD with a 6spd manual trans
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13140
1/4 mile: [email protected] 101.95

Last edited by SexyG6; 04-01-2012 at 08:30 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 01:46 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I was going to say you should look into airbags.
I'm currently looking at installing a set onto my car. At the flip of a switch you can be nice and low and good looking on nice pavement, and then lift it up all the way to clear those bad areas.

So far the only kit for the G6 that I've seen is this:
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-pon-49-kit3.htm
But they say it'll fit the G5, G6 and Cobalt. I don't see how the G6 suspension is similar to the Cobalt or G5.

But they also have this one for the SAAB 9-3:
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-saa-07-kit3.htm

We know a coilover kit for the 9-3 will fit our cars, so why not an airbag kit? I've tried doing research and Airbag It claim their kit's are vehicle specific and are not universal. I've sent them a couple of e-mails trying to get it all straight but have heard nothing back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in