New pads and rotors. Good Deal? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

New pads and rotors. Good Deal?

I am looking to upgrade my brakes to the next level and I came across this box set of rotors and pads. My current rotors are on their last leg as I've already had to turn them down twice in 2 years for warping. Pads are on their way out as well.

I just recently added the strut tower bar and will be driving the Tail of the Dragon in July sometime, so I want to be able to keep up with my friends G8 and GTO at least a little...

So, good deal or no?

heres the link

Both the rotors and pads are powerstop brand.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Check out Rotor Pros
~clicky~
I believe they have a deal going with G6OwnersClub, Just mention you are a member. But they have a great deal on rotors and pads packages.

You need to send an inquiry or call them to get pricing and place your order. But they quoted me $160 for 4 new OEM style rotors. I've read of some users spending way less than $500 for a complete set of performance rotors and pads.
And the reviews I've read have been pretty positive. Search around for yourself to decide.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Legend

Garage
They quoted you for 4 stock style Rotors or drilled slotted ones?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
i went with R1 concept rotors and have been happy for over 50,000 miles

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Legend

Garage
Where did you get them and how much? Also part numbers maybe? I've been hearing a lot about these r1 concepts lately.

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

just about every thread I searched mentioned something about the R1 Concepts rotors but I have yet to find a price at all. Im really only looking to upgrade the fronts atm as I just replaced the rear rotors and pads a month ago.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Clicky

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Legend

Garage
Did you get the eline or premium? Also which break pads did you get?

J DOG

MODS

Progression
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:16 PM

I went with the eline cross drilled/slotted. As far as pads go I use the autozone duralast gold ceramics. Mainly because of the lifetime warranty. Never having to pay for pads again is a good thing.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Legend

Garage
Yeah that's a good deal. How much were the pads? Also I was looking at maybe the premium ones. Have you noticed any rusting with the elines?

J DOG

MODS

Progression
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM

I think they were about 50 for front and 55 for rear. I do see a little inside the drilled holes and on the outside lip. When these finally die I'll probably get the better ones.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 09:42 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Yea that was for stock rotors, not drilled, not slotted. Just plain flat braking surface.
I go with the Duralast C-Max pads. Love em!

I'm looking at these R1 concepts now, instead of rotor pros. OEM style is cheaper.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Legend

Garage
i think im gonna go for the r1 concepts. but im gonna go with the premium series not the eline series. the quality is great on both im sure. and waterfowler said his elines have lasted 50k no problems. so the premium should deff last the life of the car. and im gonna go with the posi-quiet ceramics off the r1 website. you can get the whole set up front and back drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $436 i believe, and it was with free shipping for orders over $99.

J DOG

MODS

Progression
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

They just quoted me at $135 for front and rear R1 Eline OEM style with Zinc plating to prevent rust. And free shipping. I think I'm going to jump on that.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Legend

Garage
That deff seems like a deal. I want the d/s Rotors though.

J DOG

MODS

Progression
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in