New Lowering Springs - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Legend

Garage
Lightbulb New Lowering Springs

found these on ebay. they must be new bc ive never seen them before but at only $150 shipped they might be worth checking out.

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Lowerin...d08926&vxp=mtr

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Looks like an average drop, Similar to eibach.

They seem to have a good selection of aftermarket parts for various cars too.
Maybe it's worth a shot, I just wonder how stiff they really are.
http://www.ebstores.us/
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Legend

Garage
Im also curious about the stiffness. I've been waiting for you to see this thread and give me some input bc I knew you would. Haha but looks comparable to eibach but with a lot lower price. Can you think of any issues? They have the spring rating or something in the description on that eBay link but I have no idea what it means. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:55 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Yea I saw they had the spring rate listed, but I can't find what it is for any other set or stock springs so I have nothing to compare it to. The picture looks like a stock photo, they don't look like the springs I got. If those are in fact what you get then they don't look like progressive springs, which can make things bouncy.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Garage
I read ther customer reviews and they seem to have a lot of complaints about fitment with some of their performance parts. Couldn't find any reviews at all on those springs though. I would be a bit worried about fitment and longevity.

IT ONLY LOOKS FAST!!!

My Progression Thread
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:10 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

My biggest concern was longevity and if it's a progressive spring rate.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
My biggest concern was longevity and if it's a progressive spring rate.
Well they stated their is no warranty. I would go with something reputable in my opinion when dealing with aftermarket parts like coil springs. I got my Eibach springs for $224 on autoanything.com with free shipping. They had a promo going 15% off and orders over $100 was free shipping so it saved me about $35 bucks.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.

Last edited by jamestg6gt07; 10-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Tire rack also sells eibachs for $250 and H&R springs for 230
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
Tire rack also sells eibachs for $250 and H&R springs for 230
Ya and they have warranties in case you need them replaced for whatever reason and they are guaranteed.

IMO, Jdog, i wouldnt chance it cuz if something isnt right or they fail to meet up with the specs, your out $150 plus you have to buy new springs and a new alignment.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Legend

Garage
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting them. Just thought I'd get opinions on them.

J DOG

MODS

Progression
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dog View Post
Yeah I wasn't planning on getting them. Just thought I'd get opinions on them.

Well thats my opinion...well with anything thats costs a few hundred bucks i go with what i know i can trust. I've always learned the hard way lol

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM

I have them and I'm going to install them in a few weeks. Really busy with finals around here. The quality seems pretty good. I got them for $99 bidding with free shipping and they seem to have a similar drop other springs.

Pontiac G6 GT 3.5 V6

Click for my Thread https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8081

Mods Done:

8000k Low's Head Lights, 20% Tint, 2 6.5 Inch TV in Headrests, Bazooka Sub-Woofer, Nexon 5000 type H tires, Pontiac Seat Belt Cover's, K and N CAI, Racingline-Front Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber, Tinted Tails, Street Glow, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust,G6 Floor Mats

Up and Coming:

Splash Guards with Logo, Window Spoiler, AIT Body Kit

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 07:37 PM

So put the springs in, it is firm and a little bouncy. A little bit honestly I mean you are not jumping everywhere like a guy who blew the shocks. Fitment is good, quality is fine. Ill put photos up below today or tomorrow.

Pontiac G6 GT 3.5 V6

Mods Done:

8000k Low's Head Lights, 20% Tint, 2 6.5 Inch TV in Headrests, Bazooka Sub-Woofer, Nexon 5000 type H tires, Pontiac Seat Belt Cover's, K and N CAI, Racingline-Front Strut Bar, Carbon Fiber, Tinted Tails, Street Glow, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust,G6 Floor Mats

Up and Coming:

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Where are the pics of these said springs that were installed?

09 Ford Mustang Pony Edition
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM

Yes sorry. Had family issues come up. Here you go .

Sent from my SGH-T769 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Pontiac G6 GT 3.5 V6

Mods Done:

Up and Coming:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in