Anyone on bags? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Anyone on bags?

Title says it all. I want to lower my car, but today on my way to work, a semi cut too short and his trailer was sliding into the ditch. He put his trailer jack down and left it in the road as he waited for help. Luckily, he wasn't entirely across the road. There was about a foot, or less, of space. Enough to put most of my front tire on before the side went into a steep drop to a ditch. I turned into a nearby parking lot to get a look at the steepness , then my coworker took his chevy and drove by it. I was EARLY for once today and I really wanted a close parking spot so I threw my car into 3rd gear, planted my drivers side front tire as close to the road as possible without scraping the semi and I spun tires a bit (it was muddy too ) to get by the truck and on the road. Successful attempt (THANK GOODNESS ) but I scraped a wee bit ( very very little) getting back onto the road. One of my future mods is eibachs and there is NO WAY I would have gotten to work today if I was perma lowered with springs. Today was a bag day lol. So has anyone bagged their 6 successfully without problems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Theres a terrible video on YouTube. Needless to say I've been researching bags for the G6 for years. I want em so bad. I found one kit from a crappy supplier. So looks like I'm going complete custom. Ha

There isn't much available. I'm on SSC springs now and I get some good scrapes every so often, mainly from my mud flaps though haha.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I want to be lowered REALLY bad but I live in a state where there are many gravel roads, steep ditches, and really large curbs for some reason... Going out of some driveways into speeding traffic always makes me want to start chewing my nails in prayer that the bouncy stock springs dont slam my bottom side into a scraping ear abuse session. Too many times where, if I had been lowered, I might have left my oil pan and muffler lying in the streets from them being ripped off. I'd like to have that adjustability peace of mind wherever I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Agreed. I love being lowered. Slammed if you will. All about being fush! Haha. I do a lot of highway driving and these Illinois roads aren't that great either. Plus the highway I drive has some pretty large dips at points, stuff that makes me scrape my mudflaps now.

Plus once I'm bagged I want to add a block for throwing sparks, why? Because I can and no one would expect it from a G6 haha. There's a video in my thread from a track day I went to. Its a small banked circuit but you can hear my mudflaps taking a beating haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in