Also wanting to lower my car a bit
What are my lowering options and any pictures would help
Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Tire size I can't rightly say.
I would go with the OEM size for the 18s that come with the G6 stock.
hopefully someone can shed more light.

If you're looking to fill the wheel gap as best as you can then I would lower it first, measure everything and decide from there.

As for lowering the main option is lowering springs. Megan racing makes Coil-overs for the Saab 9-3 that will also fit our cars, but that's a grand for the parts only...
But as for lowering springs Eibach makes a set, Canuck Motor Sports makes a set, and there's some "Blue" springs on ebay that I'm not too sure about. All of which will lower you about 1.5-1.75 inches, The canucks will lower a bit more than the eibachs.

Here's how mine looks lowered, I'm on SSC springs (they're essentially canucks)

Also in these pictures I have wheel spacers attached with the stock 17's, the spacers bring it closer to the edge and in turn the tires look closer to the body.
My front is a little higher than others also, this is because my 4 banger is a bit lighter than the V6's out there.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I like how you'er car sits... I was looking a little into the eibachs they seam like a good deal. Im not worried about sitting to low but once I put 18" on it the car will sit higher than it does now and Im really trying to fill in the wheel gap as well as get it back down perhaps a little lower than it is now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
If you look at my progression I've got GXP 18's and Eibachs. No prob filling wheel gap with 225/50's

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook View Post
I like how you'er car sits... I was looking a little into the eibachs they seam like a good deal. Im not worried about sitting to low but once I put 18" on it the car will sit higher than it does now and Im really trying to fill in the wheel gap as well as get it back down perhaps a little lower than it is now
Thanks! I just wish my front was a tad lower. But 18s should fill out the well a little better then my 17s. But then again tire sizes play a big role in all that too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in