Camber Question - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Camber Question

Okay, so this past weekend I installed the Eibach Lowering pro kit. I went today to get an alignment done and got these results.

My question is can some explain what "maxed Out" means? Does that mean it can't be adjusted anymore? And how can I make the right rear wheel have a more positive camber? Do I need to buy a camber kit? Do i need to be concerned about anything?

Thanks for the help guys

2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Blacked-out Emblems and Grilles | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABS Op. 3 + FPU | Eibach Lowering Springs | OBX Exhaust

COMING NEXT: 25mm Wheel Spacers | Racingline Strut Bar & MMI's | and possibly the AIT Front Bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 PM

Maxed out means they ran out of adjustment room on the eccentric bolt. And no camber kits don't exist for the rear of the car. Maybe a solution for the rear will be out soon, another member was working on something... But you probably have something bent in the rear. One side should not be maxed out that much sooner than the other with the adjustments that far apart.

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM

over time the unibody can "warp" or flex to a new shape.. many times this is the issue.

there is a guy around here with new eccentric bolts, washers, and plates to fix this.. just waiting on him to post up what he's got figured out.

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 AM

I wonder when he's going to have an update?

My Progression

Mods: BMD Performance Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 AM

well.. as it turns out.. i think the guy has some stuff on facebook up for grabs. Sounded like he only had 10 sets and is down to 7. you can PM me and I can get you some details.

or shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can put you in contact with him.

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 08:54 PM

yeah my rears are at -2.0 degrees and they cant be adjusted anymore

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=87797
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Mine are maxed at 4 degrees
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 04:49 AM

Anybody tried shims for a Saab on the rear?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshinall View Post
Anybody tried shims for a Saab on the rear?

They put the rotors out of alignment with the caliper...

My Progression

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 PM

Don't they go behind the wheel hub?

---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM

Cruisin, you said you're 4 off. Do you have any handling issues?

---
...still working...
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Nah. Corners pretty damn well. So far it can handle some pretty abusive driving.
The steering feels a little lazy but I blame the increased scrub radius of my wheel spacers.
The only downside is I commute nearly 100 miles a day, and Kumho tires really hate camber wear.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 PM

Yeah, 100 miles a day here. I'm a very "spirited" driver. If the camber doesn't bother the handling, I'm hesitant to worry about shims :-)

---
...still working...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 01:13 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Its too much camber and I probably do lose some handling just due the decreased surface area of tire on the ground. In the wet going fast enough it COULD break loose. Though it hasn't yet for me.
I only really try pulling turns hard in the dry anyways.

I can take fill circle on ramps at 50 with no worry or sound.
And I can hang single lane roundabouts at about 30-35 before the tires howl in pain.

So far I've been really happy with my setup, actually looking to do some autocross next month.

A buddy with a fab shop took a look at my control arms and mentioned cutting them and making them shorter... Idk about that haha.
I'd like some fully adjustable tubular control arms but I'm pretty sure that won't come cheap. Haha
I'd like to see what this current possible fix might look like lol
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshinall View Post
Don't they go behind the wheel hub?

Yeah so the hub is out of alignment, since the rotor is also on the hub the rotor is pushed out. But the caliper remains in the same position since its not bolted off the hub... Not sure how big of a deal that's really going to be on a sliding caliper, but nonetheless the rotor does end up out of alignment to the caliper...

My Progression

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in