Offset 18x8 rims on 06 GTP? - Pontiac G6 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By CruisinG6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Offset 18x8 rims on 06 GTP?

Hey, first post here,

I've been doing reading for a few days now and I've used calculators etc.. But after seeing a Z06 today with FATTIES on the back of it and seeing that the fender was f***ed from the tire hitting on a bump I figured I'd better join up and ask the more knowledgeable people of this forum for help.

So the plan for my all stock 2006 GTP G6 was I wanted 18x8 rims running something like 235/45r18 with a 20 offset or 1" spacer up front, 2" or 1.5" in the back. After seeing that Vette I thought to myself I really wanna do this right and not mess up my whip so what do you guys think? What's the most "aggressive" looking wheels I can get for my stock suspension, I'm a no budge on that one, this isn't supposed to be an extremely long term car for myself.

Give me good news boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:56 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I'm running RX-8 wheels on my car, which have an offset similar to that of fwd cars. Mounted with adapters that add 1" spacing all around.
The wheels are 18x8 and the tires I run are 225/45-18. I'm also probably about 2" lower on the springs I have.

The only rubbing I get are from my mud flaps at full lock on the steering. Otherwise no rubbing at all.

Stock G6 wheels get up to 18x7 and run 225/50-18 tires.

Being on stock suspension you should have absolutely no problems wanting to run 18x8 with 235/45-18
More spacing in the back will put you closer to the quarter panel, but not being lowered it likely won't get too close.
I come close, but the wheel cambers in pretty aggressively the lower the ride height gets so it clears the quarter panel and inner fender liner without issue.

If you can find wheels with the right offset, or a staggered set of wheels that would be better than using spacers to get the look you want.
I ended up going with adapters to fit 5x114 wheels for a wider range of choices, and then threw another oem set on heh.
I couldn't find much with our 5x110 bolt pattern, but maybe you'll find something you like.
Good luck!
JTF2 likes this.

Last edited by CruisinG6; 05-12-2018 at 03:58 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for reply!

Good to know that you're running something similar to what I have envisioned and are encountering minimal problems, with an even lower ride.

But yeah the 5x110 platform is crap for selection, especially here in Canada it seems. My solution was 1" spacer / converters to 5x4.5, which is exactly what you did; right on.

This is more of a back burner thing so I've got loads of time to get it all fitted and not rush it.. The exhaust however I need to get her loud pretty soon so I can start smiling again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

^ for that I'm probably just going to delete resonator; add a Y-split near the tips to replace muffler, and slap a dynomax bullet in where the heat shield is. Should make it pretty nice sounding, fingers crossed it doesn't sound awful without a cat delete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in