New Rims/Tires Question? please - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

New Rims/Tires Question? please

I am about to get new rims and tires. I found this site and they have great deals and the rims and tires I want.
http://discounttires.com/detail_whee...h_category=RED

I should get the 18x8.5, 5/110 ones right, and they should be good to go and will fit right.. I love these rims by the way, they look sexy and they are pretty lightweight and cheap for 18"s. (22lbs)

If I end up getting these rims, does that mean I have to get a larger size than 225/45/18 for my tires??

I am also getting nankang NS-II tires with the package. If anyone knows if they are good, then let me know what yah think.

I am ordering all this really soon, so some feedback would be crusial. Thanks!!

MGP red caliper covers, 6000k nitro blue fog lights, polished black chrome rims, chrome door handles, red floor mats, CRAB K&N Option 3, Euro Style black tail lights, Magnaflow cat-back performance exhaust

Coming Soon!
- New rims, tires
- Raclingline strut bar
- 25% tints all around

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Varsity Squad

Garage
I got my new rims and tires from them for my G6 just this past week. My GTP came with 18"x7.5" stock so I don't know if I would go that wide, but if the web site says they will fit, then you should be good to go. As for the cheap ass tires, you get what you paid for when it comes to tires, remember they are what is between you and the road. If you are pushing your car through the bends and wipeout because you wanted to save a few bucks on tires you will really regret it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM

Those rims will fit. I have 20x8.5 and had my doubts about them fitting but the website said they would. THey fit perfect with room to spare and no rubbing issues. Also, I had a set of nankang tires before on a mustang and had no issues with them. No they are not as good (road noise, water treads, tread ware, etc) as bigger name brands, but if you on a budget, they work fine.

Mods: 20x8.5 chrome/black rims, 245-35-20 Kumho ecsta 4x ku22, pioneer avh 4200 DD headunit, 1500 watt rms rockford fosgate (T1500-bdcp) amp, 2 rockford fosgate 12 inch (T1s), 800 watt rms rockford fosgate (T800-4ad), pioneer 5 way 6x9s ,pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 30% tint, black spyder headlights with 6000K HID (fog/low), K&N CAI, black altezza tail lights, and magnaflow exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6ForTheWin View Post
I am about to get new rims and tires. I found this site and they have great deals and the rims and tires I want.
http://discounttires.com/detail_whee...h_category=RED

I should get the 18x8.5, 5/110 ones right, and they should be good to go and will fit right.. I love these rims by the way, they look sexy and they are pretty lightweight and cheap for 18"s. (22lbs)

If I end up getting these rims, does that mean I have to get a larger size than 225/45/18 for my tires??

I am also getting nankang NS-II tires with the package. If anyone knows if they are good, then let me know what yah think.

I am ordering all this really soon, so some feedback would be crusial. Thanks!!
G6's with 18"s should have 225/50R18's on them, although a 45 is only a tiny bit lower profile than a 50 on the 225's. I just put 18 x 8's on mine and used the exact tire that came with the car (225/50R18). The speedo will be a bit off and show you driving 1-2 miles an hour faster than you actually are with 45's instead of 50's. They are also more expensive.

I paid $114 a tire from Tire Rack for mne, they have 4.5 stars out of 5 on all the reviews. The next less expensive tire in that size was $98 each and every single person who reviewed them hated them and said they were dangerous, especially in rain and snow. So, don't buy the cheapest tire they have without reading some reviews.

Put up some pics when you are done if you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in