These Rims! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

These Rims!

i know ive posted a different topic about rims but i just found these and they are perfect! i need to know if they fit my G6, i dont know what the bold pattern or size is on my G6 so im praying they fit...so if anyone knows..that would be awesome!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-1...#ht_500wt_1182

15% Tint All around, Black Overlays, Headlights, System w/ Woofer, and Compstar Remote start setup.
To Come: Rims, tinted Taillights, K&N Drop-in

Last edited by Klixslide; 03-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:05 PM

i think the offset is smaller than stock ones, aka you will need spacers.
correct me if im wrong.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

that would make me really sad...these rims ARE perfect!

15% Tint All around, Black Overlays, Headlights, System w/ Woofer, and Compstar Remote start setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM

i am not sure. but i remember the stock offset is about 50+ mm.
the rims are really nice.
if you do need spacers, they are not pricey to get.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 AM
;)

Nice choice. The bolt pattern is correct & I dont think you'll have a problem with the offset & the width isnt too large so I would think your good to go.

Last edited by filian; 03-28-2011 at 04:38 AM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

im stoked, im going to go check with les schwab (right down the street) to make sure...if i need spacers or anything...theyre going to be on some low profile tires...itll look slick!

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 AM
;)

A stock 16'' rim has a 41mm offset if im not mistaken. Seeing that the rims u want are 6 less, u might need a spacer to pushem out a tad, in my opinion i like when wheels flare out, gives it a wider aggressive look
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

these have a 40mm offset...thats only a 1 mm difference then...what does this even mean?

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:51 PM

the wheel offset is just the distance from the mounting surface to the center of the wheel. Wheel offest means nothing when comparing 2 different sized rims. if both rims were the same size it would mean that the 40mm offset rim would sit 1mm inward compared to the 41mm offset wheel.

BTW. you want to keep the diameter of your new tires as close to the same diameter as stock. otherwise it will throw off your speedo too much and decrease performance/fuel efficiency.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanj View Post

the wheel offset is just the distance from the mounting surface to the center of the wheel. Wheel offest means nothing when comparing 2 different sized rims. if both rims were the same size it would mean that the 40mm offset rim would sit 1mm inward compared to the 41mm offset wheel.

BTW. you want to keep the diameter of your new tires as close to the same diameter as stock. otherwise it will throw off your speedo too much and decrease performance/fuel efficiency.

uhh...so im trying to figgure out what you said...are you saying these rims are bad? or not what i should get? i was going to put some low profile tires on em...i was going to take them to les schwab and have them take care of all of that...sorry im lost...lol

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

all im saying is that comparing the offset of a 17x7 rim such as your stock rim at 41mm doesnt mean that it will sit 1mm more outward compared to a 18x8 rim with a 40mm offset. im not saying they are bad at all. If i were able to justify spending $2k on tires and rims for my car, those are the ones id have.

on the subject of wheel profile, use a calculator such as this to figure out what size tire you need.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

okay i understand now what im looking at in the picture now. im pretty dumb when it comes to car stuff lol. and now that you explain it it does make sence to me and thanks for the calculator but unfortunatly...rims and tires are something i know nothing about...lol

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:17 AM
;)

Wow. Dont know why i thought I saw 35mm. In the pics, the face of the rim is on the right & inside is on left. With pos offset the rim will sit inside the wheelwell more & upgrading from 16X7 to 18X8 could possibly rub the inner wheelwell. Thats why u might need spacers to push them out a tad. Your speedo will prob be 2mph off. Actual speed will be more than read. I have 18X9 rims on with a neg offset which stick out a tad beyond the fender. I recommend not going under a 40 tire profile for better ride quality & rim lip protection.

Last edited by filian; 03-30-2011 at 04:32 AM.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
MonsterG6

hey, is there any way to fix that? does it happen with all rims? the speed inaccuracy that is...also i wanted to go with Low profile tires, like with skinny tires, is 40 profile skinny enough?

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Quote:
use a calculator such as this to figure out what size tire you need.

Last edited by Dmanj; 03-30-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in