strut bar install - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

strut bar install

hello all. i got a couple of questions here. first of all do i really need a torque wrench to install the strut bar or can i just use a normal wrench? 2nd, can i laeve the car on the floor when removing the bolts? 3rd, is there a certain order for screwing and unscrewing the bolts?

2008 Black Pontiac G6 4Dr 3.5L
Mods:
Interior Underdash Red LEDs, Chrome 3.5in Muffler Tip, Red Painted Battery and Engine Covers, 17" Touren Wheels , 55W 6000k HIDs, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, CCFL Eagle Eyes, Magnaflow Catback, AIT Racing Bodykit, exhaust resonator removed, plastidipped interior, kicker front speakers, JVC rear speakers, pionner radio with METRA turbo2 kit, 1000w Pioneer sub with 1000W alpine amp, 93 WAMS tune, cold air intake, NGK plugs and wires, R1Concepts Rotors + pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 09:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
i didnt use a torque wrench, I left it on the ground, and I didnt tighten them in any certain order. Just have some one push down on the actual bar when tightening the two side bolts/nuts.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
-Banned-

Do you want me to pull of my tower bar, and post a step-by-step tutorial for you? It'd only take 30 mins, and I have the day off, soooooooooo! Lemme know, bro.

Actually, to make it easier/quicker.. Here's RacingLine's tower bar install instructions: http://racinglineperformance.com/sho...20_Install.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

nah bro don't bother. but thanks btw for the instructions it saves me some searching time ^_^

Mods:
Interior Underdash Red LEDs, Chrome 3.5in Muffler Tip, Red Painted Battery and Engine Covers, 17" Touren Wheels , 55W 6000k HIDs, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, CCFL Eagle Eyes, Magnaflow Catback, AIT Racing Bodykit, exhaust resonator removed, plastidipped interior, kicker front speakers, JVC rear speakers, pionner radio with METRA turbo2 kit, 1000w Pioneer sub with 1000W alpine amp, 93 WAMS tune, cold air intake, NGK plugs and wires, R1Concepts Rotors + pads.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Your strut bar didn't come with instructions? Mine did. I didn't use a torque wrench, but just use common sense. Don't overtighten, just a good snug for me.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

i installed my strut now :P looks great and does it's job

Mods:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 AM
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy56owner View Post
i installed my strut now :P looks great and does it's job
Good deal - what brand did you choose?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

i ahve the racingline strut tower bar

Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Handle It! - Suspension, Wheel and Tire Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in