Removing Airbag visor Stickers - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Removing Airbag visor Stickers

I was wondering if anyone has tried to remove the airbag stickers on the visors? they are really annoying to look at for me. I kno to do it I would need to use a hairdryer and peel them off then probably dissolve the adhesive afterwards thats no biggie but do you guys think the fabric would tear when pulling off the sticker? Has anyone else attempted this before and if you have how obvious is it that there was a sticker there before (sun fade) also how would one go about removing the visors? Alot of questions thanks guys

Last edited by Drums101; 08-01-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

bump...anyone have any ideas on how to remove the visors at least? Thanks
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 PM

I saw this at another forum.
This is not my idea, credit goes to Dave_Russell at the Tacoma forums.

"I took mine off with a steam iron. It's easy. Steam the bejesus out of the stickers and pick up the corner and peel them off. Should come off in one piece. Then use 3M adhesive remover (spray) and soak the area real good. Scrub the adhesive with a brass or stainless detail brush (looks like a hellish tooth brush -auto supply item) The material is way stronger than you would think and the adhesive wipes off with a face cloth. This step may have to be repeated a couple of times.You just want to work the remover into the adhesive area and let it work. The spray evaporates quickly so load lots on . It took me about 1 hr. and the visors look great-just a very slight shadow where the stickers were.(not sticky at all) This was covered on Toyota nation or Tundra solutions website and lots of people have done it on all kinds of vehicles. Good luck!"

Others also posted successes doing to same thing.

Source: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-stickers.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

ok cool thanks man I saw a similar thing on a lexus forum......one more thing does anyone have any idea as to how to go about removing the visors? I dont want to break anything thanks
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

guess no one has done this before...sucks lol I dont want to be the guinea pig
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM

I just took the visors off my old car and will likely be testing this stuff out tomorrow night.
As for removing them, the ones I just took off only required a screwdriver...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

yea i am pretty sure its simple but there is a plastic piece covering where the visor meets the roof so I just was wondering if anyone has tried it before and can offer insight on how to remove it without breaking it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM

I tried this out last night on the visors from my non-G6 car. Working like a charm. Can't hardly tell that it ever had stickers on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in