Badges off! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Badges off!

Well today i spent about an hour removing the badges from my gxp..in the 110 degree Oklahoma heat on the bright side i didn't need a heat gun hardly haha. I removed everything except the GXP badges and even tho i removed all the adhesive and cleaned it thoroughly there will seems to be an outline(hard to see) of the badges?? Any suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-04185313.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2288   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-04185304.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	2289  

2008 G6 Gxp Street Edition

Mods:Interior LED Neon Lighting, Debadged, 20% Tint, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, Res delete, Alteza black housing taillights, Spyder black housing headlights, CRAB O3 CAI, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline Strut bar, 91 OCT WAMS Tune.

Audio:400.1 Kicker amp, 12" Kicker CVR Ported Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Da.v3

Looks nice n clean!

Did ya take off the side gm? if not get on it! Lucky it was so hot haha!

As for the lightly visible letters still, it will fade and go away within a month.

Call it what you will, paint fade, bits of adhesive still in the paint or w.e

Ive had 2 g'6s now and badged both, both had the same thing for a few weeks then its gone.

Id have to say its a bit of fading AND some parts of adhesive still in the paint because when I washed my car after this you could see the water sort of running over that area a bit diff.

Anyway, dont stress it, dont work on it and mess up your paint. leave it...it will be gone soon enough!

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Yes the GM was the very first badge that I removed! I was sort of lucky that it was so hot, on the downside I was pouring out sweat haha.

The badge that left the most outline was the Pontiac symbol on the back it is the most visible from a foot distance, the other ones require about 6 inches to see it. The GM badge left a little arrow in the middle of the outline looks pretty silly lol.

But yeah i am very happy with the look now, it looks real clean now.. i just need to get some different taillights.. I havent decided if i want to tint out the covers to black..any suggestions?

2008 G6 Gxp Street Edition

Mods:Interior LED Neon Lighting, Debadged, 20% Tint, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, Res delete, Alteza black housing taillights, Spyder black housing headlights, CRAB O3 CAI, Airraid Throttle Body Spacer, Racingline Strut bar, 91 OCT WAMS Tune.

Audio:400.1 Kicker amp, 12" Kicker CVR Ported Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in