Headlight Questions - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Headlight Questions

I have been reading and re-reading threads regarding Halo headlights. I already have picked out the Black Eagle Eye Halo's that I am going to purchase. I do have a couple of questions though.

I plan on getting a HID kit as well. If I am correct, I will want this kit from ddmtuning at 35w, H7 and whichever color I choose (6000/8000, haven't decided yet). My questions are will this set up allow low and hi beams to be used? How difficult is it to install the HID kit with the Eagle Eyes? Is it recommended to do so?

I will have other questions as I go through the process of deciding what I want, but your advice/opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!

RedFrog
Red 2007 G6 GT 3.9L Convertible

First Mod - 08-19-11 - Eagle Eye Headlights
Second Mod - 09-04-11 - LEDGlow Internal Red strobing LED light package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Garage
when highs are on, lows and highs are on together (w/o fogs if equipped). HID's are made for projector housings so yes, its recommended, but not necessary. difficulty is moderate- as long as you can operate a drill and plug stuff in to where it fits, you're good to go.

edit: i reread your question and yes, your high beams will work normally with the EE's and HID's, even if they're only in your lows. I believe the EE's come with HID's though? not sure on the quality but i'm switching out the low beams when mine come today!

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red

Last edited by reverttheclown; 08-10-2011 at 07:00 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

I received my Eagle Eyes and have them installed!! I will spend next Sunday installing my HID kit (wish me luck!!). I really should have waited and installed them at the same time, but I just couldn't wait and wanted to see how they looked ... AWESOME!!

RedFrog
Red 2007 G6 GT 3.9L Convertible

First Mod - 08-19-11 - Eagle Eye Headlights
Second Mod - 09-04-11 - LEDGlow Internal Red strobing LED light package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 02:13 AM

When you get the HIDs installed, could you get a night shot of them on a wall or garage door so I can see the cutoff line and how bright they are. I still have the spyders on mine and think its time to change because they don't give off much light onto the road.

---------------------------------
2009 Pontiac G6
MODS- high/low beam and fogs 6000k HIDs, Audi style LEDs below headlights, black projector head lights, blacked out taillights, 20% tint front and 5% on the rest, black 20'' wheels, debaged,touchscreen navigation, interior/ exterior LED underglow, ALL lightbulbs are replaced with LEDs, 3000w Caidence stereo system with 1000w on highs and 2000w on 2 10'' subs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 04:22 AM

Thanks a lot was having the same issue.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
2006 Black G6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverttheclown View Post

edit: i reread your question and yes, your high beams will work normally with the EE's and HID's, even if they're only in your lows. I believe the EE's come with HID's though? not sure on the quality but i'm switching out the low beams when mine come today!

Eagle Eyes do not come with HID's

They are not necessary, as the output of projectors is much more superb than reflecting housings.
But of course, HID's are always recommended, especially when paired with projectors. Theres nothing better than Eagle Eyes with HID's

2006 G6 GT
Mods so far: Black arrow overlays, Chrome recessed grilles, Blue LED license plate light, Blue LED reverse lights, Smoked tails, 20% Tint all around, Red led's for the interior, White led dome and map lights.
Sound System: 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers, 2 Amps (950w total) and 2 10" Kenwood KFC subwoofers, 7" touch screen Pioneer DVD

Performance: Mobile 1 oil, Mobile 1 oil filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in