Debadge + LEDs + Strut Bar - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Debadge + LEDs + Strut Bar

Just thought I'd post a quick update:

Debadged the back, added white LED strips on the front, and got my Racingline Strut Bar installed.

It was painless to get the badges off. I've got an 09, so they probably weren't hardened on yet. I just heated with a hairdryer and used dental floss to slice the letters off. Most of the black glue was left on the car, but it just peeled off. There was just a little bit of sticky residue left, but Goo Gone took it right off. After a wash and wax, I can't see anything left of them. After I was done, I noticed I forgot the GM ones on the side. I'll have to get em next time!

I added two LED strips under the front grilles. I think I ordered the 9.5 inch ones from http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips. Tapped into the parking lights, so they're on whenever my headlights are on, but look pretty cool with just the parking lights. I had a heck of a time getting them to stick to the black plastic underneath, but found some epoxy at home and I'm pretty sure they're stuck now. No problems so far!

The Strut Bar is amazing. I really do feel a difference when cornering. Plus, it's shiny. LOL

NJsbK7
2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan

Last edited by NJsbK7; 09-19-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Pontiac G6 noob

Looks good man. I did the same thing when I was debadging and had to go back at the GM squares today. How much did you pay for the strut bar, if you don't mind me asking.

Irish 'til I die.

Black 2008 Pontiac G6 V6, Debadged
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyLight View Post
Looks good man. I did the same thing when I was debadging and had to go back at the GM squares today. How much did you pay for the strut bar, if you don't mind me asking.
I got in on the group buy this summer. $75 shipped. Usually, I think Racingline charges $90+shipping (but I'm not 100% positive), so it was a heck of a deal.

NJsbK7
2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Pontiac G6 noob

Group buy?! What's this now? That's not a bad price though. Simple install too eh?

Irish 'til I die.

Black 2008 Pontiac G6 V6, Debadged
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Haha, it was really easy--just bolt on. I don't know if the group buy started on the "other" site (G6P), but I know they were taking names from both. I'd say it was probably mid-July when they shipped.

NJsbK7
2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in