How do I replace the bulbs in my fog lights? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

How do I replace the bulbs in my fog lights?

I want to replace the bulbs in my fogs lights, but I'm unsure how to install them.

I want to replace them with CCFL's or something a bit brighter than the stock lights. Any suggestions?

I just installed a Racingline STB, MMI's and grounding wires. I have Revotec Halo projectors, and now with the stock fog lights they just seem so weak paired with the Revotec's.

How hard is it to replace bulbs in the fog lights? and what socket bulb would fit into that socket without a major retrofit being required.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Garage
If you want to put in halos as you say you are looking at a major retrofit. If you are simply replacing the bulb, they are the same as the lows, H9's iirc
Take out the headlight to get at the fog bulb

06 GT - black on black
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Garage
H11 actually for the fogs Nick!

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

ahhh so its a relatively simple swap then to change the bulbs?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Would these be brighter than the stock fog lights? .... I'm not sure what the stock fog lights are rate foe in term of candle light. They seem brighter, but I want some advice from others that have done it before. Is a 6000k rated LED light brighter than the stock fog bulbs???

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Xenon-S..._h11_sku42.htm
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Garage
they will be brighter than most halogens you throw in there...i know 55w was too much for the fog light housing with HID's (would cause melting of the plastic housing) but with an LED bulb you should be safe. If you haven't already thrown some HIDs in your lows i'd suggest doing both the lows and fogs with a set. a set of HID bulbs from DDMtuning.com is the same price as those LED's and are definitely 100% brighter than any halogen bulb out there.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverttheclown View Post
they will be brighter than most halogens you throw in there...i know 55w was too much for the fog light housing with HID's (would cause melting of the plastic housing) but with an LED bulb you should be safe. If you haven't already thrown some HIDs in your lows i'd suggest doing both the lows and fogs with a set. a set of HID bulbs from DDMtuning.com is the same price as those LED's and are definitely 100% brighter than any halogen bulb out there.
what is required to swap out the low-beam bulbs? I have the Revotec Projector headlights, would it still fit in the same socket?

I can't find the HID's for my lows and fogs on that website, am I looking for a kit or a bulb?

Last edited by deathmage; 11-01-2011 at 12:12 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Garage
its a kit...http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

theres the slim kit (link) and the raptor kit also on the site...personal preference on which to choose, both work. get 35w for fogs and either 35w or 55w for lows. H11 bulb size for fogs...not sure on those Revotecs for the low beam bulb size. should say on the back of the housing or in an owners manual. as long as you get the correct bulb size it should as easy as changing out any other bulb.

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 03:00 PM

my fog lights are 9040 not h11's. will h11's still work with mine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in