HID Purchase Questions for EE - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

HID Purchase Questions for EE

So i finally purchased the EE to replace my stock lights and figured as long as i'm doing it I might as well upgrade to HID also.

After extensive searching on forms I've came up with everything i need but seems like everyone is mixed on getting the HID Kit Wiring Harness to provide the consistent power of 12V. Should I just be safe and get the harness? I understand it would be required for the 55W kit but I'll be doing the 35W so won't be an issue. Also sounds like some pull the fuse for the DRL but others say they don't and everything is fine. Again, is it really needed?

Here is what I've planned on getting. Only replacing the low beams.

35W HID Kit w Slim Ballast - http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
H7's @ 4500K
HID Kit Wiring Harness (not sure) - http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HI...Wiring-Harness

Should i replace the high beams also? I found that a lot of people say there is plenty of light coming from the EE with the H1's bulbs. I thinking maybe i should just do low beams for now and if i don't like the light output from the H1 bulbs in EE then to upgrade those to HID also.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Get the harness. Pulling the DRL fuse is entirely based on preference. I like only my halos on during the day so I pulled mine, but if you like the projector + halo look, then keep the fuse in.

Don't replace the high beams. HID's don't work well when the lights are "flashed" or rapidly turned on and off (which is what most people do with high beams).

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I'll go ahead and get harness. So the DRL fuse controls the projectors but not the halos?

Thats a good point about HID's and getting flashed. Entirely true. I'm sure the the EE will will already provide an improvement to my stock lights as right now its awful!

Going to buy the HID kit tonight from ddmtuning.com. Can't wait to get everything, hopefully this nice weather will stay so i can install them. Rather not be installing when its -15 out!

thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelligen View Post
Thanks for the response. I'll go ahead and get harness. So the DRL fuse controls the projectors but not the halos?

Thats a good point about HID's and getting flashed. Entirely true. I'm sure the the EE will will already provide an improvement to my stock lights as right now its awful!

Going to buy the HID kit tonight from ddmtuning.com. Can't wait to get everything, hopefully this nice weather will stay so i can install them. Rather not be installing when its -15 out!

thanks again!
Halos/LEDs are wired in a circuit with the turn signal bulb. The EE high beams are equal to the stock high beams, the low beams are miles better though for obvious reasons.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Troy

im using the Notto SE kit

Work Done:
GTE Stage1, RAIZIN voltage stabilizer, CAI, 18" Driftz wheels wrapped in General G-Max, JET V-Force Plus, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Eyes w/ Notto HID conversion, VHT Nightshade taillights 10"JL Audio sub in ported box, CRABS, eibach springs.
[SIZE="3"][B]Near Future Work:, MPD Ram Air Hood, Window Tint, body kit, stealth paint job
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

So before i received my EE headlights i purchased the HID kit from ddmtuning.com with H7 bulbs. Now that i got both, i noticed on the EE it mentions its H11 right on the plastic assembly.

when i purchased them from sabersport, it even mentions H7's for the low beams. Did i get the wrong bulbs for my HID kit or am OK?

Ebay Auction with mention to H7 lows and H1 highs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-10-PONTIA...item43ac6c2d4d
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM

Garage
do they fit?

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Haven't tried yet. Researching looks like everyone else has done H7's so i think i'll be good.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Well they fit. Just got them adjusted. I couldn't find a horizontal adjustment screw just vertical. Do the EE's not have a horizontal adjustment capability?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Garage
That is correct

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelligen View Post
Well they fit. Just got them adjusted. I couldn't find a horizontal adjustment screw just vertical. Do the EE's not have a horizontal adjustment capability?
Can you find out if we can adjust the level of the light? For example, the cutoff line is supposed to be parallel to the ground, but what if it isn't? Is there a way to fix that by twisting the bulb placement or projector housing inside the assembly?

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in