insy usa cai? suggestions? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Question insy usa cai? suggestions?

Any information on this air intake for the g6? Does anyone have one, or know if it helps out on gas/power.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300665100359...84.m1423.l2649

thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 PM

To answer you inital question I don't sorry, but I also wanted to make sure you know that
I don't think this is a true CAI as your subject reads. I do see that your message says air intake, but the header says CAI
Their is a difference did lots of research on this before I bought a CAI on my previous car.

You might already know this, but figured I would pass along this info just in case.
check out this article gives some general info on the difference of cold air intake and short ram intake.
http://www.aptuned.com/blog/cold-air...ifference.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike1nc View Post
To answer you inital question I don't sorry, but I also wanted to make sure you know that
I don't think this is a true CAI as your subject reads. I do see that your message says air intake, but the header says CAI
Their is a difference did lots of research on this before I bought a CAI on my previous car.

You might already know this, but figured I would pass along this info just in case.
check out this article gives some general info on the difference of cold air intake and short ram intake.
http://www.aptuned.com/blog/cold-air...ifference.html
I really appreciate your comments on this, and the source you provided. I still am taking my time researching. I plan on ordering by the end of the month.

As i saw in the aptuned article of the pictures. This "insy usa" looks like a short ram, and not a cold air intake right?

This helps out big time for me. I'm trying to take my time right also. That source is great to learn the general information that i needed. I may still not be getting things or saying things right. That's just more learning for me then!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM

DO NOT BUY!!! I bought one for my GTP and it did not come with a hole or insert for the sensor that goes itnto the stock intake right where it meets the engine. It threw codes and my check engine light came on as a result. I ended up having to take it out the same day i put it in, and now its sitting in my garage. Unless you want your check engine light on i would stay away from this one.

2006 G6 GTP Coupe
6 speed manual, white

Mods:
Black eyelids, 10000k HID kit, aftermarket 18" rims, tinted tail lights, Cold Air Intake, custom straight piped exhaust from the resonator back, partial debadge, black arrowhead overlays, 20% front window tints, 5% rear window tints and tint bar, 12" Pioneer sub in sealed box, 1000 watt amp
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswild26 View Post
DO NOT BUY!!! I bought one for my GTP and it did not come with a hole or insert for the sensor that goes itnto the stock intake right where it meets the engine. It threw codes and my check engine light came on as a result. I ended up having to take it out the same day i put it in, and now its sitting in my garage. Unless you want your check engine light on i would stay away from this one.
thanks a lot for the insight on this thing. I've been waiting around and taking my time with what i am going to get and put into it. That helps out big time. I don't want that happening to my car. It's just the general base line black 07 sedan. I'm going the different direction with this car instead of modding the hell out of it. so far the exterior looks like a nice newer luxury sedan.Inside since i dont have a gt. I'm doing leather interior. I replaced the stock stereo and speakers. Possibly a different beige colored dash. I have a long list on what i'm going to be ordering by the end of may. Early June. Once you start working on these things theres no stopping it. Haha.

however, I will definitely rule out this intake. I'll find a different one. More research to come. Once again. I am greatly thankful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in