Headlights / Bumper Gap - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Headlights / Bumper Gap

I am back with a couple of questions to you people who are smarter than I.

I bought a pair of Eagle Eye from yomamasaidwhat a while ago. They work great. But I seem to be having a problem here...
Underneath the headlights (Both sides) is about a 1/8 inch gap between the headlight assembly and the bumper.

I noticed this on the driver side with the OEM headlights but not the passenger side.

Also on the passenger side.. the headlight sticks out... roughly 1/8 inch OUT from the car. I do have pictures of all this but at the current moment my computer doesn't want to read my camera (go figure, I'll get them uploaded ASAP)

My current assumption to all of the problems I'm currently having is that I hit a Coyote a while ago... it ended up cracking my radiator (replaced) and I'm assuming it didn't RUIN my bumper but is causing all the of my problems here.

My next question is if I have a 2008 GT, will a 2008 GXP bumper fit well? or will I need to drill new holes or what... I like the look of the GXP bumpers much more than the GT's and if I'm going to have to replace it I might as well replace is with something I think looks good.

EDIT: Picture is one I pulled off my facebook to help with the problem with the gap. And after looking at the passenger side headlight... I noticed that the inside corner... where it meets the bumper is actually UNDER the bumper... like tucked in... I honestly don't know what is causing all of this and it just makes my car look, well, bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	403216_2643628092746_1316910130_31999949_1822367961_n.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	3109  

Last edited by Waggs; 05-30-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggs View Post
I am back with a couple of questions to you people who are smarter than I.

I bought a pair of Eagle Eye from yomamasaidwhat a while ago. They work great. But I seem to be having a problem here...
Underneath the headlights (Both sides) is about a 1/8 inch gap between the headlight assembly and the bumper.

I noticed this on the driver side with the OEM headlights but not the passenger side.

Also on the passenger side.. the headlight sticks out... roughly 1/8 inch OUT from the car. I do have pictures of all this but at the current moment my computer doesn't want to read my camera (go figure, I'll get them uploaded ASAP)

My current assumption to all of the problems I'm currently having is that I hit a Coyote a while ago... it ended up cracking my radiator (replaced) and I'm assuming it didn't RUIN my bumper but is causing all the of my problems here.

My next question is if I have a 2008 GT, will a 2008 GXP bumper fit well? or will I need to drill new holes or what... I like the look of the GXP bumpers much more than the GT's and if I'm going to have to replace it I might as well replace is with something I think looks good.

EDIT: Picture is one I pulled off my facebook to help with the problem with the gap. And after looking at the passenger side headlight... I noticed that the inside corner... where it meets the bumper is actually UNDER the bumper... like tucked in... I honestly don't know what is causing all of this and it just makes my car look, well, bad.
Gap - I noticed mine has this too, so you're not the only one with the problem.

Sticking out - Did you drill the required holes for the adjustment screws? In the stock headlights, the screw is IN the headlight. In the EEs, the screw is OUT of the headlight.

Tucked in - When you install it: you have to put the headlight in, put the bumper under the headlight, install the closest push pin, hold it and secure the nearest headlight screw. The fit isnt just quite right.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:41 PM

I had noticed the gap on mine to, and after taking my headlights out and putting them back in it just seemed worse. So what i did was drill new holes in the bumper cover where the 2 push pins go into it by the headlights, so I could pull it up tighter. Absolutely no gap now and looks better than it ever did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Troy

My passenger headlight always gets water in it

Work Done:
GTE Stage1, RAIZIN voltage stabilizer, CAI, 18" Driftz wheels wrapped in General G-Max, JET V-Force Plus, Magnaflow exhaust, Eagle Eyes w/ Notto HID conversion, VHT Nightshade taillights 10"JL Audio sub in ported box, CRABS, eibach springs.
[SIZE="3"][B]Near Future Work:, MPD Ram Air Hood, Window Tint, body kit, stealth paint job
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
I had noticed the gap on mine to, and after taking my headlights out and putting them back in it just seemed worse. So what i did was drill new holes in the bumper cover where the 2 push pins go into it by the headlights, so I could pull it up tighter. Absolutely no gap now and looks better than it ever did.
So you just pulled the two ends in tighter? I may consider doing this, that little gap drives me nuts
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
So you just pulled the two ends in tighter? I may consider doing this, that little gap drives me nuts
Yeah i can get a picture of it later with my cellphone if you want. Ill throw it up later tonight when i get home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in