fog lites installation - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

fog lites installation

need help in installing aftermarket fog lites on a 08 without factory fogs,is anything pre wired ,can the fogs be set up to come on with the regulat lights?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Nothing is pre-installed. You can buy OEM fog lights for the G6. You just need to cut the little grills and the fog lights will snap right in. Then it's a matter of wiring it however you want. Either on a switch or with the parking lights or headlights.

Here are the stock fogs:
Ebay
I just did a quick eBay search, There are plenty more listings.

I installed aftermarket fogs on my G6. I got them from walmart:

They fit right into the stock holes, but mounting them was a little tough. I had to Set Screw them in, I then wired them to my parking lights so they'll always be on with the lights, I also added a switch.

I also added yellow lamin-x to make the lights yellow. Only problem is they come with really high powered bulbs and get really hot, So if you chose those I would recommend replacing the bulbs with lower wattage.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 06:20 PM

Garage
I went crazy elaborate on mine. I bought a factory headlamp harness with fog option a factory switch for the dash and the pigtail for it. I then installed the harness and fogs then took it to a mobile electronics shop to have the switch wired in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IT ONLY LOOKS FAST!!!

My Progression Thread

Last edited by P Magic; 07-16-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in