Emblem Overlays & Beginning my modifications - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Emblem Overlays & Beginning my modifications

I've been thinking about getting the emblem overlay for the front and back emblems. I'm debating between white, purple and black. Does anybody have any of these colors so I could see what they look like? This website (http://www.grafxwerks.com/shop.php?part=G6GT1) does not show all of the colors, and I'd like to see what those three colors look like.

I'm also interested in doing the handle overlays. This would be my very first modification on my car. I want to add a spoiler, some interior changes, and possibly head/tail lights and rims in the future. But I'm starting small since I'm new at this! My boyfriend has been modifying his Jeep so I've got the itch to start mine!

Any other suggestions on colors for overlays are welcome!

Here's my car:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	3352  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Legend

Garage
this is definitely the place to find mods for your car. i think between here and G6performance.com about everything has been thought of lol the overlays are a nice starting point. i just completely blacked out my front one and removed all badging off the back. i honestly haven't seen any handle overlays yet that anyones done on thier 6 but ive seen them on other cars and they look good. i personally like the black and white color scheme but to each thier own. also ive concentrated a lot on interior and appearance mods so take a look at my progression for some ideas

good luck

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dog View Post
this is definitely the place to find mods for your car. i think between here and G6performance.com about everything has been thought of lol the overlays are a nice starting point. i just completely blacked out my front one and removed all badging off the back. i honestly haven't seen any handle overlays yet that anyones done on thier 6 but ive seen them on other cars and they look good. i personally like the black and white color scheme but to each thier own. also ive concentrated a lot on interior and appearance mods so take a look at my progression for some ideas

good luck

Cool, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Car audio freak

I Did mine a while back, here's a pic. Just another option!

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1343429181.531783.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	3386  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Car audio freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dog View Post

good luck

What did you put over your chrome?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Legend

Garage
Black vinyl. The whole thing is just vinyl. I didn't buy overlays or anything.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Car audio freak

Where'd you get it?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 10:00 AM

I got the matte black ones. Really hard to apply. Anyone have any tips on applying them?

I photoshopped the bottom pic to see what the star would look like covered also.

Which do you prefer? I think I like the star silver.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	g6.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	3402  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM

I like the star better.. And when I applied, get the area you're putting them on wet, and position it on the wet surface, then when you have them where you want them, smooth it out, and let it sit out in the heat/sun and it will dry onto where you want it.

Performance
CRABS o3, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, WAMS Performance tune, Racingline STB

Exterior
Platinum Apex Rims (18x8), Hankook v2 215/45R18, Painted calipers (Red), Complete debadge , Handle Overlays (Gloss Black), Arrow Overlays (Gloss Black), Grille Lighting (White LED's), Tinted Tails (2 coats VHT Niteshades), Painted Battery Cover (Silver with Red), Painted Engine Cover (Silver with Red), Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights (Black Housing), Upper Recessed Grilles (Chrome)

Audio
2 12" Memphis Subs (15-MCP12S4)
600watt Sony X-plod Amp
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Legend

Garage
I just had a local vinyl shop do mine. Charged me 10 bucks installed. So a good price for not having to do it myself. Can also be done yourself with some vinyl a heat gun or hairdryer and a blade.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS

Progression
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchd17 View Post
I like the star better.. And when I applied, get the area you're putting them on wet, and position it on the wet surface, then when you have them where you want them, smooth it out, and let it sit out in the heat/sun and it will dry onto where you want it.
Where did you get yours from?

I feel like when I peeled the vinyl off the paper that it already started to become stretched before I even got to put it on.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM

i got mine from grafexworks and installed them myself.
i just stuck them on and they looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in