I'm getting tint but have questions. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting tint but have questions.

I'm finally getting tint on my car. I've never had tint done before so I need some help. The guy asked me if I want 20,15, or 5. I told him that I don't want it really dark so he said I probably want 15. He also asked about the strip on the windshield but I told him I didn't know. What would you all suggest? I want dark enough to help block sun but not so dark it causes problems seeing at night. Also would you all do the windshield strip or not? Thanks!

2010 G6 GT Black 41,000 miles. Under GMPP Major Guard warranty until 112,000 miles.

~Regina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:37 PM

I have 20% all around, I like it, and the strip helps block the sun quite well.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoguide1343273855.417223.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	3383

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM

I'd only go as low as 20% anything darker, you'll have night driving issues. Mind you though, 20% might too dark for your state's laws, if you want to stay legal.

Left a 421RWHP 2004 GTO, but honestly loving the G6 GT coupe!

Past Pontiacs
87' white Firebird(sold)
01' green Grand Am SE2(traded for the 03')
03' orange Grand Am SC/T(totaled)
04' blue GTO(traded for the G6)

Current Pontiacs
00' tan Montana(I swear, its the wife's)
06' black G6 GT Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Legend

Garage
I feel the darker the better. I like to look at people when I drive but I don't like them looking at me
Haha 10% all the way around and 35% on the winshield does the trick quite well even on the brightest of days lol
Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 AM

I have, I believe 18% on the front two windows and 5% on the back IIRC. Let me tell you, I live in BFE and sometimes backing up with no street lights around and even WITH street lights at night is a pain. I LOVE the look though of the dark windows and I am just extra careful at night...I wouldn't get the stripe only because I feel it wouldn't look good, but everyone has their own opinion. I think if you got 18%/15%(whatever the shop offers) would be sufficient and look good.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 AM

I have the strip on my windshield and I love it. We have them on all our vehicles. I have 5% all around and for the strip, yes it is a bit difficult at night when you are on unlit roads, I also live in bfe, but I wouldn't have gone Any lighter. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1343397308.794012.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	3384

Sorry for crappy picture of my dirty windshield. My brow does come down a little further than is legal, but I have rarely used my visors at all since I have tinted my windows. The only thing I don't like is the void where the antenna is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAG Free1343397686.987378.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	3385

This is a picture taken by a fellow member (g6whitie) while cruising down the road..

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

The "Upgrades"
Alienationz Eyelids: LEDs in the map, dome, trunk, and license plate: Racingline STB bar: 5% window tint all around and a windshield brow

The To-Do List
6000k HIDS: EE Halos: Tinted Tails: Exhaust: Rims: CAI: New Headunit: Lowering: Color Change
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 02:59 PM

I have 30% on my tinted windows. In Indiana, well where I live at anyway, anything darker than 30% will more than likely get you stopped by the police. When I asked the shop that tinted my windows all around for me, I asked to make the windows dark enough that they're still legal.

Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera matte black rims, Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), 10000k HID kit for both the fog and low beam headlights, Sonar tailights (black), Racingline strut tower bar, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber) and FINALLY PAID OFF THE LOAN, BABY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in