LED Interior Lighting - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

LED Interior Lighting

Was wondering if anyone has/plans on putting LED interior lighting in their car. I have the Gunmetal Grey G6 V6 and love the dark interior with Red dash lights and stuff. was considering Red LED dome light, and MAYBE Red LED lights for frt and rear floors and POSS vent lights in red only when u open the doors. Just looking for opinions generally. I have a decent idea on hhow I wanna install em and stuff but wanna know if it will look alright. also any suggestions on places to buy the lights n stuff would be sick =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Legend

Garage
I think almost everyone has swapped out to led bulbs of all various colors. Added them under dash, under seats, in the vents, speaker grilles, I added them to my glove box and the change holder/ashtray by your left knee, strobes in the trunk, In the front grilles, engine bay. Everywhere. Leds are one of the cheapest and easiest mods to really make your interior/ exterior pop. Also almost everyone does red just sayin. I did at first but now I have all blue. Even changed out the hvac/ ad controls to blue Leds instead of red. Someone over on g6p swapped every red led in his 6 to blue. All the way down to the window switches and steering wheel controls. The possibilities are endless lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks J dog! I live in northern ontario, Canada and things like interior lighting isnt all that big, but interesting to hear that alot of ppl put lights in all those places. I never thought of adding them to the speaker grilles but thats one sick idea. Though i think my sony xplodes are blue so dunno how red LED glows would look but ya never know. Any suggestions on where to purchase decent LEDs? Wouldnt mind having a selection to play with either. Thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Legend

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
Thanks J dog! I live in northern ontario, Canada and things like interior lighting isnt all that big, but interesting to hear that alot of ppl put lights in all those places. I never thought of adding them to the speaker grilles but thats one sick idea. Though i think my sony xplodes are blue so dunno how red LED glows would look but ya never know. Any suggestions on where to purchase decent LEDs? Wouldnt mind having a selection to play with either. Thanks man
no prob you can literally put leds anywhere and it will most likely look good. even if you stuck leds right above the speaker and had it shine out the speaker grille. you wouldnt see the speaker but you would see the glow and that would be cool. and it really depends on how much you want to spend and whats local. ive bought leds from autozone and advance auto parts or whatever your local automotive store is. or you can get them off ebay for relatively cheap. i usually buy mine from an automotive store bc i want them right away. lol if you want a specific site www.superbrightleds.com they literally have everything and then some lol and decent priced if i remember correctly. but just check out the member photos or progression threads and most people have leds somewhere if not everywhere like i do lol

J DOG

MODS
35% windshield, 10% all the way around, 20" Forte F55 Banshee's, custom painted interior, HVAC replace blue LEDS, PYLE double din dvd player, custom trunk with 2 12" Memphis-street edge subs, back up camera, blue LEDs under dash and dome, 2 blue strobe strips in trunk, tinted tails, blue LED reverse lights, debadged, front badge overlay, eyelids, 6000k lows/fogs, added oem projector fogs, third brake light overlay , shift boot added, blacked out grille, blue leds in grille, Canuck springs, BMD endlinks, res delete, R1 D/S rotors, blue calipers

Progression
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10929
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in