DRL Delete? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

DRL Delete?

How do i go about removing the stupid day running lights? I want it so i have to manualy turn my lights on and off, not that stupid auto light thing and im upgrading my HID's soon.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I just went and pulled the DRL fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. The lights don't come on when driving, unless its dark enough to trigger the auto lights, then they'll turn on automatically. But not during the day. No DRL. You can also pull the DRL relay.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
I just went and pulled the DRL fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. The lights don't come on when driving, unless its dark enough to trigger the auto lights, then they'll turn on automatically. But not during the day. No DRL. You can also pull the DRL relay.

I agree! I have HID's and all I had to do was pull the fuse and I was good to go. The only time my lights come on is if the sensor doesnt read any light. Other than that they wont come on unless you switch them on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Yep easy "fix" for the DRL's - pull fuse 46 in the engine compartment fuse box.

Unfortunately, the Auto-on feature doesn't seem to be able to be disabled in the G6 - was able to do it in my 05 Grand Prix and wish I could here

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

I know WAMS can tune the BCM to remove the DRL, maybe that tune disables the AUTO feature? I don't mind it though, it's nice to not have to worry about my lights at night.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Agreed it's great in general, and you can turn it off once the car is running, but it would be nice to not have my HID's come on just because I started the car in the garage. The Grand Prix had a specific OFF setting that you could turn to for such situations - not so teh G6

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Last time I pulled the fuse it also lit up my dash with ABS and traction control lights. Which is annoying. I just dont want my lights on during the day at half power. Really pointless.

Current Mods:
07 G6 GT White, 84K, 35% Tint, 8k HID Lows/Fogs, Tinted Tails, DRL Delete, DexCool Delete (is that a mod?) Eibach Springs, EBC Brakes, Orange Calipers, De-Badged, Front Tower Strut Bar, Painted Engine/Battery Covers, CRABS Opt# 3, "Tiger CRAB Ram Air", Custom Catback stepped up to 2.5" from 2.25" tubing with purforated rez and free flow muffler.

Coming Soon:
18" rollers, LED red interior lighting, LED tails, Complete Audio System Renovation as I have blown it up, Sedan HH spoiler, Custom Seatcovers, dash cover and floor mats with the G6 Embroidery, Painted body color mirrors, wiper arms, both front grills, side skirts and rear facia all body color painted.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Pull the relay in the engine compartment like others said and you'll be fine. Over a year now without issues.

Sent from my De-Sensed HTC Vivid using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Left a 421RWHP 2004 GTO, but honestly loving the G6 GT coupe!

Past Pontiacs
87' white Firebird(sold)
01' green Grand Am SE2(traded for the 03')
03' orange Grand Am SC/T(totaled)
04' blue GTO(traded for the G6)

Current Pontiacs
00' tan Montana(I swear, its the wife's)
06' black G6 GT Coupe
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestg6gt07 View Post
Last time I pulled the fuse it also lit up my dash with ABS and traction control lights. Which is annoying. I just dont want my lights on during the day at half power. Really pointless.
Weird. I pulled my fuse with absolutely no warning lights coming on. You could try the relay.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
Weird. I pulled my fuse with absolutely no warning lights coming on. You could try the relay.
^ +1 ....... im also going on over two years and have had no problems. plus our headlights dont run at half power like most DRL's

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM
G6's resident led guru

Garage
Agreed six months with mine out
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfowler76 View Post
^ +1 ....... im also going on over two years and have had no problems. plus our headlights dont run at half power like most DRL's
Yea I was pretty sure the DRLs run at full power. Just didn't want to post until I made sure with my meter, but I've seen G6 with HIDs driving in the middle of the day, and its been my experience that HIDs won't work at under 12v
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

They run at full power??? Thats good to know cuz i always heard that the DRL was bad for the HID kits since they ran at half power. Thanks guys i will try pulling the fuse again, maybe i pulled the wrong one.

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Pulled the CORRECT fuse this time. No more DRL's. No weird dash lights lol.

Current Mods:

Coming Soon:
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Good news!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in