I NEED PARTS lol - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

I NEED PARTS lol

I'm looking at buying a 2008 g6 gxp on friday and it was in a front end crash so i need alot of front end parts. Problem being this parts are like impossible to find in junk yards so i need your guys help i been hitting this forum hard but to not much avail so please help if you can
Front bumper and components-
i found this one-http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Pontiac-G6-GT-Competition-Front-Bumper-Duraflex-Fiberglass-/160768544589?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item256e8d4f4d&vxp=mtr
but was wondering if this is a good option and if you guys know a place where i could get all the bolts and such?

Grilles

Headlights- there is so many options on ebay can someone point me in the right direction? i would like 8000k headlights

hood- the only hood i have found is the aftermarket one on ebay, anyone else know any other options?? AIT ones i was unsure about can someone clarify

Radiator and core support if anyone knows a cheap place thanks- i know the radiator is specific to the 3.6 engine.

aftermarket downpipes/testpipes

thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

P Magic can get GXP parts ha. But you can check out GMpartsDirect.com they sell all new parts at warehouse prices. Worth a shot! There's a thread here somewhere that listed all the part numbers I'll see if I can find it.

Heres that thread. Hope it helps!
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11860

EBay has grills and such, are you looking to do stock headlights or get aftermarket projectors? I'd say get the HIDs from DDMtuning. A trusted source for quality HID lights.

Not sure about the hood, but I'm sure more info will come in from others.

Last edited by CruisinG6; 10-25-2012 at 08:48 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
P Magic can get GXP parts ha. But you can check out GMpartsDirect.com they sell all new parts at warehouse prices. Worth a shot! There's a thread here somewhere that listed all the part numbers I'll see if I can find it.

Heres that thread. Hope it helps!
https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=11860

Not new but rather returning

EBay has grills and such, are you looking to do stock headlights or get aftermarket projectors? I'd say get the HIDs from DDMtuning. A trusted source for quality HID lights.

Not sure about the hood, but I'm sure more info will come in from others.
thanks alot, i will pm him today and see what he can come up with. Chances are i will be getting a set of eagle eye black headlights they just look so much better then stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

bump i need more advice where to get parts and which ones are best. i'm getting the car tomorrow and would like to order parts asap. and a gt/gtp font bumper would fit no problem right? it seems like alot of people agree the gxp front bumper looks funny so it is cheaper i might just get a gt/gtp front bumper
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 02:28 PM

Garage
The base, gt & gtp bumpers will fit just fine. They may not line up with the rocker moldings and you will need different fogs as the gxp's will not fit in the standard bumpers. Also if you go that route make sure to remove the 8" jumper connector from the harness before pluging it into base fogs because the jumper harness will not plug into the 9040 gxp bulbs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IT ONLY LOOKS FAST!!!

My Progression Thread
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Magic View Post
The base, gt & gtp bumpers will fit just fine. They may not line up with the rocker moldings and you will need different fogs as the gxp's will not fit in the standard bumpers. Also if you go that route make sure to remove the 8" jumper connector from the harness before pluging it into base fogs because the jumper harness will not plug into the 9040 gxp bulbs.
i just pm'd you before looking at this thread so sorry for double asking questions. and that sounds good like i said in the pm i probably won't even hook fog lights back up. I'm looking for the cheapest nicest looking option. i'm going to do some research into that ait bumper that thing actually looks pretty nice! and is about the same price too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

if i were to go a route what would you folks suggest.
1)trying to find a gt bumper-prob the cheapest option
2) the ebay dura flex one http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2009-Po.../160768544589?
3)a used gxp one on ebay (the only place i have found one)
4)ait one
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 PM

Garage
My choice would be to either go with the GXP or the AIT. The GXP has lower painted rocker moldings and rear bumper so either of those would match better with the rest of the car vs the standard ones.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IT ONLY LOOKS FAST!!!

My Progression Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in