how do i remove cluster? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

how do i remove cluster?

i've got a 2006 g6 that an ex girlfriend and a knife went to town on lol needless to say im needing to change my gauge cluster out what all do i need to remove to be able to remove it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 07:06 PM

how do i remove cluster?

A couple scews in the top, it pops off around the wheel, that removes the surround. A couple maybe 7mm bolts then pull it out and unplug it. But my memory is crap. I removed mine to put on white face gauges.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

ok ya i got a new cluster coming with the white face already in it i just dont want to be crackin the dash and shit to try and get it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Re: how do i remove cluster?

You shouldn't crack the dash. Once you pull the plastic cowl off that goes around all the gauges (2 screws on the top) you'll see exactly what other screws have to come out. Once they're removed you should be able to just pull the whole cluster towards you and then out.
I recommend pulling your steering wheel as far down and away from the dash as possible to give you more room.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 AM

how do i remove cluster?

It's pretty easy if I can do it anybody should be able to figure it out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

ok cool once i get the new cluster in im going to attempt it so if i have any questions along the way ill post up thru here any ideas where to get decent prices on seats and headliner cause the headliner has a smiley face in it and my seats had all the fabric cut out
also have to replace air vents, mirror and visors
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 AM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

damn, what a bitch of an ex...

If the cluster is anything like my oldsmobile was (which is probably the case) you'll probably remove that plastic cover, look at it, and then have it done in like 10 minutes. haha

How torn up is the headliner? Is it just the fabric, or is the entire board underneath toast as well? You can get some headliner material and glue it on, if you need a new board you can probably use the old one as a template and make a new one. Or maybe you can find one somewhere.

How bad are the seats? My guess is the padding is destroyed as well the fabric. You may be able to even repair that yourself, but I'm sure it won't be the same.

I think your best bet, cost wise, is to just get it all from another G6. Maybe check out salvage yards or craigslist for a totaled G6. If someone rear ended the hell out of a truck or something the interior could be in perfect shape.

Or you could go the newish route, ebay for instance is always good. You can check out GMPartsDirect. You can get GM parts at warehouse prices, it can also provide some diagrams to show how things go together, problem is it doesn't really give any part numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in