Matte Black 05 G6 Sedan + Plastidip stock rims. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Matte Black 05 G6 Sedan + Plastidip stock rims.

I'm thinking of wrapping my G6 in matte black + plastidip rims as a weekend project sometime in July. What do you guys think? Would matte black work with the G6 sedan?

I also have some glossy black and carbon. I was originally thinking of doing a glossy black wrap on my original black paint. I don't think carbon would work with the G6.

Are there any matte g6's laying around? I can't find one on google for the life of me.

What color/finish do you think would work with the G6? I'm open to ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

duuuuuuuuude.
I have been scratching my head for months trying to decide what color to wrap my G6 in, (ever since we wrapped a Lexus IS300) Everyone is telling me to just keep the current color I have.

BUT I googled Flat Black G6 and got this:

It gives you a good idea what you'll get. Personally I think flat black would look okay on the G6.

But I've been looking into some different matte finish colors, but every one I chose got shot down by everyone haha.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
duuuuuuuuude.
I have been scratching my head for months trying to decide what color to wrap my G6 in, (ever since we wrapped a Lexus IS300) Everyone is telling me to just keep the current color I have.

BUT I googled Flat Black G6 and got this:

It gives you a good idea what you'll get. Personally I think flat black would look okay on the G6.

But I've been looking into some different matte finish colors, but every one I chose got shot down by everyone haha.
Oh man, I actually don't find that attractive. The G6 sedan body makes unique paint jobs look lame. It's the front bumper that ruins the car for me haha.

Planning to do a gloss black wrap first, then transition some panels to matte, leaving some glossy black trims.

It's going to be hard to find a color/finish that would work with the g6

edit: Thinking of adding the garage sealer (ez-lip) mod from homedepot to the front bumper, hopefully it'll make the front look better for me.

Last edited by SprayingVomit; 06-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

That's what I did to my front bumper. The garage seal lip, but from menardes. and yea unique colors don't seem to fit the body styling very well.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
That's what I did to my front bumper. The garage seal lip, but from menardes. and yea unique colors don't seem to fit the body styling very well.
Did you use screws or did you just use adhesive?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Self drilling screws into the bumper. With washers
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

I just found the perfect vinyl to use.
Black brushed aluminium. It's black, doesn't scream "look at me," but at the same time it does. Nothing "ricer" about it, just nice and elegant. I think it would look great on the G6 + some carbon accents (on the mirrors, side skirts maybe, roof?).

Thinking of ordering a roll sometime next week!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM

that matte g6 is so sexy!!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 AM

I thought of doing this myself a matte color of some sort but I agree. The front bumper needs to changed. I'm getting a cool looking bumper from auto parts warehouse. They have a cool selection. Also getting a hood with a double vented scoop looks a lot like the one common on a newer pontiac firebird. I want custom rims as well, but was wandering if there were any rims off of other cars that would fit with no problems?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
I thought of doing this myself a matte color of some sort but I agree. The front bumper needs to changed. I'm getting a cool looking bumper from auto parts warehouse. They have a cool selection. Also getting a hood with a double vented scoop looks a lot like the one common on a newer pontiac firebird. I want custom rims as well, but was wandering if there were any rims off of other cars that would fit with no problems?
Can you link to the bumper you're talking about? I'm only seeing stock g6 bumpers
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 AM

Forgive me I put the wrong website up. It was Andy's auto sport. Here is the link the first one on the list is the one. http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...me_dimensions/
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
Forgive me I put the wrong website up. It was Andy's auto sport. Here is the link the first one on the list is the one. http://www.andysautosport.com/pontia...me_dimensions/
Wow, that looks nice! Can't afford $400 right now, but that is definitely on my future to-buy list.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM

Yeah, I dig that matte black. Wouldn't do it to mine but looks sick none-the-less. I might go for matte black on the roof.

2009 Techno Gray Metallic G6 GXP Sedan (3.6L Auto6 112K miles)
---
CRAB Intake Opt 3 w/FPU, Lloyds GXP floor mats, HIDs low 6000k 55w/fog 3000k 35w, LED DRLs behind lower grills, V3 Triton LED turn signal/reverse/brake, LED side markers/maps/dome/tag/trunk/high mount stop, 2 coats niteshades on tails, Tint 35% all around, Debadged (except arrows), PAC IPod and BT adapters, PowerStop D/S rotors and ceramic pads, Resonator repl w/24" cherry bomb, Racingline STB, Big 3 Upgrade, Optima Yellowtop D75/25, Blacked out arrows, chrome window trim and black dipped wheels, KYB struts and shocks, CM lowering springs, Cherry Bomb Vortex Crossflow muffler, 2.5" pipe from axle back, two 4" stainless double walled slant tips
...still working...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in