Where should I start? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Where should I start?

I just picked up a 06 g6 that's gold, I was wondering where you guys would start with mods, the car is stock completely.

Here's a reference pic.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/...d21637252b.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Decepticon

Garage
The link didn't work for me, but you can always start with something as simple as tinting the tail lights and windows. That alone changes the look of a car.

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm wanting to paint it, but it's going to cost me upwards to 2500 in toronto to do so!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Decepticon

Garage
I pondered on painting mine for the longest and eventually the color grew on me. Its blue-gold metallic, but I must be color blind, because it looks grey to me. If I were you I would tint the tails and windows and go from there. The color could grow on you as well. Unless you absolutely hate gold lol

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 AM

Listen to scarred I have the same blue/gold metallic and I didnt like it. Then i dipped my wheels and spoiler black and it grew on me. now my wheels, gas cap, molding strips and more are black lol
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMy6 View Post
Listen to scarred I have the same blue/gold metallic and I didnt like it. Then i dipped my wheels and spoiler black and it grew on me. now my wheels, gas cap, molding strips and more are black lol
can you post a picture? I have blue gold metallic and I am at a stand still for wheel colors... black or gold? so confused.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Decepticon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 Driver View Post
can you post a picture? I have blue gold metallic and I am at a stand still for wheel colors... black or gold? so confused.
Click my G6 thread in my signature. Mine has black wheels as well.

Scarred's G6

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarred View Post
Click my G6 thread in my signature. Mine has black wheels as well.
nice, do you know a good tutorial for plasti dipping your rims? I guess im doing mine black because i just blacked out my tail lights and they look awesome.

sorry to thread jack.
@op,
I'd start with tinting your tail lights, I just did mine and they look awesome. You can do it yourself for $50. I'm a novice at car modding and this was easy for me. took me a little bit of time but thats because of waiting for them to dry between each coat. took around 3 hours. ill post a link to my thread with pictures when i get it up.

edit: link to tail lights thread:

https://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...321#post144321

Last edited by G6 Driver; 08-24-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in