Headlight Installation Question - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Headlight Installation Question

Hi -

I just ordered some aftermarket projector beam headlamp assemblies for my '08 GXP coupe - please see pics. They have some extra lights not on the factory units, including some LEDs (daytime running maybe).

They do not come with instructions so I have a question - on the pic of the rear of the assembly you can see at set of red and black wires on the right-hand side, and on the left there is at least one white wire. The connector for the stock harness is in between.

So - does anybody know how and where to hook these wires up?

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights-Back.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	8097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	8105  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 12:30 PM

Location: Marine Corps Air Station New River, Jacksonville, NC

Please keep them in the box, and return immediately! i had those same exact lights and they are horrible. Go to protuninglab.com and but the Eagle eyes. I bought the exact ones you have and hated them 6 months later becuase the light output is absolutely terrible. I have posted pics of it in another thread but forget which one. I then bought these a few weeks ago and have taken the spyder lights and put them in a box to do a retrofit one day.

http://www.protuninglab.com/05pog6duccha.html
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
^ agreed. You can search through our "group buy" thread we did a few years back, and see what the problems were. Just got my eagle eyes a couple weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 04:29 PM

Return them as soon as you can. They're absolutely terrible lights. If you want a set of projector headlights, get Eagle Eyes.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Well thanks for all the unexpected but consistent advice.

I decided to hook them up - everything seemed to work fine, so I installed them. They look and fit great. I've still got the boxes and plenty of time to change my mind or re-sell them. I'm going to install HIDs on the projector/low beams, so that should deal with any low light output.

Now then - They actually DID come with LED/halo ring hookup instructions. So my question now is: since the low beams function as the daytime running lights, I should use my multi-meter to locate that circuit and patch in the LEDs/Halos there...

Correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lites old.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	8170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lites 002.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	8178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lites 003.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	8186  

Last edited by 08GXPsd; 05-19-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: attach pics
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Location: Marine Corps Air Station New River, Jacksonville, NC

Take it from someone who had the SAME EXACT LIGHTS AS YOU. I had the chrome Spyder headlights with CCFL halos. And to all the haters from previous posts a while back, yes they were CCFL. But i had an HID and it was horrible. I plan on doing D0M1NIX's retrofit one day so i held onto them but upgraded to Eagle eyes. The light output is so much better. Honestly the light output on the spyders was better with halogens than HIDs
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
Take it from someone who had the SAME EXACT LIGHTS AS YOU. I had the chrome Spyder headlights with CCFL halos. And to all the haters from previous posts a while back, yes they were CCFL. But i had an HID and it was horrible. I plan on doing D0M1NIX's retrofit one day so i held onto them but upgraded to Eagle eyes. The light output is so much better. Honestly the light output on the spyders was better with halogens than HIDs

You forgot to mention that Eagle Eyes work well with HIDs.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GXPsd View Post
Enough with the rude "facepalm" comments and such.

Just because someone doesn't do what you recommend is no reason to get personal or post insults like children. I get the message, I'm just not going to follow it right now, if that's all the same to you. If they don't work out i will send them back or resell them, and buy new ones - I'm not exactly broke, so it will work out either way.

In the future I recommend, in addition to whatever advice you have about quality etc., just answer the question the poster originally asked, i.e., how to hook the wires up -

which nobody bothered answering.

Goodbye.
You can wire the drl to the halos
But its the same circuit for the headlights.
I believe there is a write up on g6performance.
I can supply wiring diagrams if you'd like

Last edited by waterfowler76; 05-21-2014 at 08:06 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2014, 08:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to waterfowler76
That's the end of that thread.

.........Lets try to remember If you cant say something nice keep it to yourself. Last thing I want to do is start banning contributing members for stupid shit.

2007 PONTIAC G6 GT

Waterfowler's 6 <---- Check out my 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in