2 Latest Upgrades - Eagle Eyes & Dash Trim Kit - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

2 Latest Upgrades - Eagle Eyes & Dash Trim Kit

Yesterday I installed my new Eagle Eyes headlamps - obviously a huge cosmetic upgrade from factory. The light output is terrific, and i installed Silverstar Ultras in the low beam/projectors. The halos are very bright.

What shocked me was how poorly they fit - the outboard screw tabs came in at about a HALF INCH above holes on the car, and the inboard ones were just barely in the right spot and pusheded the grill shroud forward. I really had to shoehorn them in, and for now I just have wood wedges holding the outboard tabs in place.

I traded good fit but poor light with the original Spyders lamps I had, to great light but poor fit with the EEs. I'm not sending them back - the overall fit in the headlamp "cutouts" in the car body is decent - it's just the screw tabs are, well, screwy. I'm going to end up drilling some new holes, and replace the temporary wood wedges with some kind of rubber bushings that I hope to find at the auto parts store.

Next upgrade will be HIDs for the foglamps.

I also installed a simulated brushed aluminum trim kit on the dashboard - I got it from www.dashkitmall.com - it gives a nice contrast with the black plastic and wood pieces - breaks up the monotony of the all-black dash and brightens up the interior.

The kit I got is basically universal, so it has leftover pieces for 4-door models and other trim levels - if anybody is interested in these remaining pieces let me know, but I will probably put them up for sale in the classifieds.

Happy modding!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eagles.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	8690   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	8698  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:59 AM

The EE's shouldn't have any trouble fitting.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0M1NIX View Post
The EE's shouldn't have any trouble fitting.
Well, um, they did. I've removed and reinstalled the originals and the Spyders so I know how to do it - there is only one way to install them, and things don't line up.

When I plug in the outboard "pin" and then line up the inboard screw tab, the outboard one is way off - the whole piece pivots, and if i line up the outboard screw tab the assembly is facing up with a big gap at the bottom. This happened on both sides.

Who knows what you're getting on eBay - could be counterfeits for all I know. Next time I'll buy from a reputable online retailer, but I can make these work. They DO work well, so all i have to do is secure the outboard tabs decently and i'll live with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in