What do you guys think - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6

What do you guys think

i was looking for some rims, i wanted black because my car is the dark gray. I think i like these the most, let me know what you think

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...7.5&vid=012515

I was also wondering that since i like the rims that i have now, is it at all possible to just paint them black?

Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, 5% Eyebrow tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Interior LEDs, Painted engine covers, Tinted tails, 6K Low Beam HID, 8K High Beam HID, Painted Grilles, Painted Door Trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Last edited by sfdevine7; 04-24-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
I would not have your rims painted, but powder coated. You could have them all done for around $200, I looked into having my 18" GTP wheels done. Powder Coating will look better and last longer too. I decided to wait till I need a new set of summer tires so I don't have any extra money involved with mounting and balancing (probably be this coming winter).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6

thanks for the advice, yeah i was looking into doing something with the rims i have now since i like them. but my other idea was that i could save my money this summer and put winter tires on the stock rims since i go to the mountains alot and when summer comes around i can get summer tires and new rims. that way for the seasons i can swap rims and not change tires on the rim.

Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, 5% Eyebrow tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Interior LEDs, Painted engine covers, Tinted tails, 6K Low Beam HID, 8K High Beam HID, Painted Grilles, Painted Door Trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, Racingline STB, Racingline Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Varsity Squad

Garage
I bought a set of 16" steelies with blizzaks for the winter and run my 18" oe GTP wheels with Potenza RE050's in the summer. I had origianlly bought 18" blizzaks and swapped them out for the first few winters, but after they wore out I went the more economical route and purchased the steelies with blizzaks for less then just the 18" blizzaks, and next time I need snows they will be even cheaper because I just have to get a set of 16" blizzaks. As for the 18's I will probably have them powder coated come winter while running the steelies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in