So i bought a pre-cut window tint kit online and just got done installing it. I don't claim to be an expert at all. I read many times that if you are just tinting 1 car that it isn't worth it to DIY, but I enjoy learning new things so I went for it. This is not a comprehensive guide, I felt thathttp://www.monkeysee.com/play/13388-...ing-the-window
was the most helpful instruction video. I just want to give a couple suggestions to others after learning from my own mistakes.
1. Clean the windows very good! Every little dust particle shows. I washed the window inside and out to see every speck and then used a microfiber cloth and then sprayed the tint solution and used a razor blade along every square inch.
2. Remove the rubber lining along the top of the inside door frame. After using a practice sheet of film I figured this one out
3. Even on the precut film it was easiest for me to stick the film on the outside of the window(plastic still attached) and then to transfer it to the inside. This way makes it easier to do by yourself as you don't have to worry about the tint sticking to itself.
4. To start roll the window down a crack, if you put the tint on flush with the window all the way up you'll get about a half inch gap. I left the bottom part of the plastic backing on, secured the top part, rolled it up with my fingers crossed and then put the bottom on. It worked out really well.
5. A hair dryer doesn't get hot enough to heat shrink the tint, at least mine didn't. I picked up a heat gun for 10 bucks.
All in all I'm glad I tried this out, Even with some of my newby mistakes it still looks pretty good.