Gas Pedal Mod - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Question Gas Pedal Mod

Had some red LED pedals from my charger that I never put on. Wanted to put them on the g6 cuz they would match the dash's red lights. I know it's "ricer" mod but still.

They are those bend the metal flaps over the pedal to make them stay kind. The brake one fits but the g6's gas pedal has a weird curve at the top right and I cant get it to stay on. Any Ideas or any products that you know of that will fit?

Now, if I can get it on there what the best, and easiest place, to get power from?

09 G6 GT 3.5 Flex Fuel Street Edition DIY Cold Air intake W/ 6" Spectre Cone filter moved into Fender W/ 3 pieces of Spectre 3" Chrome Modular Air Intake Tubing, "Ram Air" from Drilled grill and 6x6 Splash Shield Air Inlet Expansion, LoJack Protected, Reso delete, Glass Pak Muffler to a Side Exit with a Gibson Chrome Box Tip Exhaust Tip, Red Dome & Reading LEDs, Lloyd RubberTite Cargo Liners, Rubber Interior Mats, Tint, Intake Pipe Heat Soak Protection - Silicon Spray and Heat Wrap.

Future: Tune, Dual Side Exit Pipes, Red Caliper Paint, Exhaust Cut Out, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Red Stuff Brake Pad upgrade, Cabin Air filter, Radar....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post

Thanks

That seems a bit much but if all else fails...or maybe that 3m tape stuff?

Any idea on the power source?

09 G6 GT 3.5 Flex Fuel Street Edition DIY Cold Air intake W/ 6" Spectre Cone filter moved into Fender W/ 3 pieces of Spectre 3" Chrome Modular Air Intake Tubing, "Ram Air" from Drilled grill and 6x6 Splash Shield Air Inlet Expansion, LoJack Protected, Reso delete, Glass Pak Muffler to a Side Exit with a Gibson Chrome Box Tip Exhaust Tip, Red Dome & Reading LEDs, Lloyd RubberTite Cargo Liners, Rubber Interior Mats, Tint, Intake Pipe Heat Soak Protection - Silicon Spray and Heat Wrap.

Future: Tune, Dual Side Exit Pipes, Red Caliper Paint, Exhaust Cut Out, Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Red Stuff Brake Pad upgrade, Cabin Air filter, Radar....

Last edited by dude12nothin; 08-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

Sorry...I was kidden about the glue. There are many aftermarket pedals that use
3M tape. I dont trust that though. You can always drill and bolt it to the stock pedal.

Also if you lay on your back and look up on your floorboard you will see many wire harnesses. You can tap into a power there.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Slick Black Pontiac

Send a message via Skype™ to Gambit
Post pics when you're done!

Also, don't ever trust those bend over metal tabs. Drill and bolt.

Also, don't leave the bolts too long or they will rip up the carpet and get stuck causing you to crash.

Modifications:
Aftermarket Exhaust system w/chrome tip. (came with car)
Red ZZ Performance Strut Tower Bar.
Pioneer DEH-P5200HD CD Receiver (HD Radio).
Metra 99-3303 adapter and Steering wheel control adapter.
LED bulbs in climate control panel.
Moda MD9 wheels, Falken Ziex ZE 912 tires.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampoon View Post
Sorry...I was kidden about the glue. There are many aftermarket pedals that use
3M tape. I dont trust that though. You can always drill and bolt it to the stock pedal.

Also if you lay on your back and look up on your floorboard you will see many wire harnesses. You can tap into a power there.
Ah ok sorry it was over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
Post pics when you're done!

Also, don't ever trust those bend over metal tabs. Drill and bolt.

Also, don't leave the bolts too long or they will rip up the carpet and get stuck causing you to crash.
Looks like drill and bolt (but not to long) is the answer, thanks guys. I'll post pic when I'm done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in