DDM Tuning? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
2009 Carbon Black 6

DDM Tuning?

Okay, so I see that DDM tuning is liked very well on this forum. I know that they are a good price and everything and they seem to work pretty flawless but I'm having a not-so-good experience. Now mine do work flawless. I have no problems whatsoever with the ballasts or flickering bulbs. However, this is the problem I am having. I've owned my G6 for about a month now and I bought HID's 3 days after buying the car. I went with DDM after research and it was the best value. Usually I get my kits from Xtreme HIDs but they are $65 a piece. Anyways, long story short, I ordered 8000k. They look MAYBE 6000k. I've called DDM and they say its because I have a "reflector" housing. I call BS. All the 8000k HID kits that I have owned from Xtreme have been SKY BLUE. and they have all been in "reflector" housings. Okay so DDM's color are different. Next, my bulbs are 2 different colors. One is pure white and the other is pure white with a tiny hint of blue. So I have 4300k and 6000k it looks like.

So my question to all of you who have purchased DDM, did any of you have the problem with the colors or did I just get bad bulbs? I want to replace my bulbs from DDM since they are only $12.50 a pair. I want a bluish color. My 8000k obviously failed so whats next? They offered to replace them for me but I have to pay for shipping to CA and then wait for my bulbs to be replaced. But heres the thing. I purchased 8000k for the foglights as well and they look 6000k. So I would much rather just purchase 4 new bulbs as a different color. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:43 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

My order from DDM Tuning was all correct. I went with the 6000K for head/fog. I haven't had any problems with anything. If I were you I would send back or just buy replacement bulbs. Or keep fighting with them bc if your order was wrong you shouldn't be responsiable for s/h charges. Plus you now have to wait. Sorry to hear man but I think you were the first person to get "screwed."

2007 G6 GT Sedan Ivory White w/ 3.5L V6 Fully Loaded

Performance Mods: CRAB's O3 w/ FPU, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust w/ 3 1/2 Tips, Resonator Removed, Motor Mount Inserts

Appearance Mods: HIDs Head/Fog 35w 6000k, Front/Back/Eyebrow 5% Tint, Tinted License Plate Covers, Debadged Sides/Rear but kept GT, Added GT emblems to sides, Arrowhead Overlays BLACK for front/rear - CHROME for wheels

Handle Mods: Strut Bar & Tires

Audio Mods: 2 Alpine 12" E's & Alpine 1000W Class D Mono Amp

To Do List: Dyno/Tune, Exterior White Underglows, Interior Red Underglows, Front Mud/Snow Guards, ""Painted Mirrors; Calipers; Tail Lights; Grille Insert & Assembly (All WHITE)""
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
2009 Carbon Black 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhiteg6gt View Post
My order from DDM Tuning was all correct. I went with the 6000K for head/fog. I haven't had any problems with anything. If I were you I would send back or just buy replacement bulbs. Or keep fighting with them bc if your order was wrong you shouldn't be responsiable for s/h charges. Plus you now have to wait. Sorry to hear man but I think you were the first person to get "screwed."
Well see the thing is that when I talked to them on the phone they said that the orders not wrong. Which it isn't. The box that the bulbs came in are marked as 8000k. But there is no way these are 8000k. And then the whole color mismatch thing. They said they would fix that but I have to pay to ship it to them. If they find nothing wrong then I have to pay to get my lights back. If faulty, they will cover the shipping back to me. Since their lights are so cheap I think I'd be better off buying new lights. Do you have a picture of your 6000k?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM
WHITE G6 GT (:

I see. Well maybe you ordered the 55w instead of the 35w? I believe the 8000K 55w would look exactly as mine 6000K. I love the color of mine. I do have a picture on my EVO but I haven't been able to upload it yet. They look better than you would think though. And your going to be better off just sending them back instead of buying replacement bulbs. But I'm not sure..

2007 G6 GT Sedan Ivory White w/ 3.5L V6 Fully Loaded

Performance Mods: CRAB's O3 w/ FPU, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust w/ 3 1/2 Tips, Resonator Removed, Motor Mount Inserts

Appearance Mods: HIDs Head/Fog 35w 6000k, Front/Back/Eyebrow 5% Tint, Tinted License Plate Covers, Debadged Sides/Rear but kept GT, Added GT emblems to sides, Arrowhead Overlays BLACK for front/rear - CHROME for wheels

Handle Mods: Strut Bar & Tires

Audio Mods: 2 Alpine 12" E's & Alpine 1000W Class D Mono Amp

To Do List: Dyno/Tune, Exterior White Underglows, Interior Red Underglows, Front Mud/Snow Guards, ""Painted Mirrors; Calipers; Tail Lights; Grille Insert & Assembly (All WHITE)""
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 01:17 PM

Garage
i was trying to think what couldve happened but im thinkin dwhiteg6gt hit it right on the head...couldve been a simple mistake of checking 55w instead of 35w and what happened to you with the light mismatches is exactly what wouldve happened if you were to confuse the two so def double check that and if that is the issue call em back and explain what happened. im sure you'd have to cover the shipping still but hey you live n learn. jsut like some people learn to never use to X jacks on a car at once!!! i tried to put a picture on this post i have 6000k lows n 3000k fogs from DDM. both were exactly what i wanted and 35w. i even chose a wrong bulb size for the fogs and called right away and got it fixed on the phone and the correct sizes came so i gotta say they got some good customer service
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1556  

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red

Last edited by reverttheclown; 11-10-2010 at 01:45 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Storm Trooper

I rock 5k HIDs all around.... Highs lows and fogs... From DDM.

Personally i love them. And i have an extra set of 5K and 8K H11s

They are great!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
2009 Carbon Black 6

Mine were definitely 35w. I only paid $25 a set. I haven't actually checked but I suppose they could have messed up and sent me 55w ballasts on accident. I'm getting ready to order again but I haven't decided on a color. I have a carbon black 6. I know 6000k or lower would look the best but I kind of like the blue color. What do you guys think? I don't really mind losing visibility because no matter what option its going to be brighter than stock.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Garage
i went the 6k lows and i love em ill never go back to halogen ha

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to jonfletch01 Send a message via Yahoo to jonfletch01
Just ordered a set of 6k from DDM for the wife's Altima.. should be here saturday...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
2009 Carbon Black 6

I own the Apexcone Raptor 35w kit in 8000k and I have noticed that it causes interference with radio reception. Other kits I have owned have not done this. I'm not sure what the cause is from and it only happens intermittently. If I shut them off the interference stops. I was thinking of purchasing the slim ballast kits because they say "fully digital". Raptor does not say that so I was thinking that might have something to do with it. Plus my bulbs are different colors so time to swap anyhow. Just cant figure out if I want to buy just 6000k bulbs or buy 2 whole new slim ballasts sets with 6000k bulbs.

2009 G6 V6 Sedan Carbon Black Metallic
3.5L V6 Fully Loaded

Current Mods: 8000K HIDS (Fogs & Lows), 15% tint all the way around, Debadged, Kenwood In-Dash Navigation

Upcoming: RacingLine STB, CAI, Tint Tail lights and more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in