How to run Halo Switch for Fog - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
CPT

Send a message via Yahoo to aLienationz
How to run Halo Switch for Fog

My fogs are Halo and include a switch. I am a assuming I need to take the dashboard off to run the wire to the cockpit and I have exhausted all google and forum searches. Has anyone done this? What is the easiest way? I am starting to think screw the switch and just run them on the same relay with my halo headlights.. that brings up the question would they then behave the same way as my headlights do? I dont really care if they do.... I just want to be able to be able to run the halo with parking lights seperate.. any advice and help is greatly appreciated.. Thanx..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fogs2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1594   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1595  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 AM

Garage
should be able to run the wire through the firewall...that'll bring it right into the cockpit

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLienationz View Post
My fogs are Halo and include a switch. I am a assuming I need to take the dashboard off to run the wire to the cockpit and I have exhausted all google and forum searches. Has anyone done this? What is the easiest way? I am starting to think screw the switch and just run them on the same relay with my halo headlights.. that brings up the question would they then behave the same way as my headlights do? I dont really care if they do.... I just want to be able to be able to run the halo with parking lights seperate.. any advice and help is greatly appreciated.. Thanx..
I would suggest that if you got those fog lights thru AIT Racing with your body kit I would swap them out for something else. They are junk and the water leaks right it them and they also burn out easily. I know from experience I had them and got a different set from Pep Boys and haven't had any problems since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
;)

Not sure if you had the halo headights already spliced into the original fogs, why not just use the same wiring from the stock switch which would also run the signal lamps, if not I would just run those fogs on there own switch.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
CPT

Send a message via Yahoo to aLienationz
yeah the car didn't come with fogs.. I tried to wire them to work the halo's seperate from the light but I couldnt get it to work ... I was trying to use two relay's I am new to all this so I am not sure if thats what was stopping it from working but I just ended up hooking them directly to the headlight halo's but both the halo and light in the fog come on .. I tried like three things I am ok with it until I get the other switch I guess .. just irritating cause it should have worked .. I am starting to wonder if they sent me the wrong fog light and not just the switch lol. but I totally get what u were sayin .. Thank you for the help
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 PM
;)

How i would hook up your situation...First the halo head lights, since you didnt have fogs then u could run the halos from say your batt & toggled by an after market switch that way u can run the halos seperate from the headlights. The fogs can be done the same way or spliced in with the halos. You could also run a seperate toggle for the fogs. the batt is a good power source since its close. There are batt terminals out there that are made for an aftermarket stereo hookups but can also be used for other power needs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Appearance Modifications and Lighting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in