Pontiac G6 Forum banner

My wife got hit with baby blue

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Convertme 
#1 ·
Somebody hit my wife:crying:
She will recover but waiting for insurance to see what they have on their mind with the car.:crying:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry about the wreck, but I'm glad your wife is okay. Aside from the driver's door, does the car have any roof structure damage? Hope it works out well. There aren't many baby Blues out there.

Take care and good luck. - Mark

#4 ·
They like to total them. I got hit in left rear quarter panel in my 99 mustang in January. Dad gum Prius took me out at interstate speeds. I believe I got suckered when I traded a2001 mustang for my 07 g6 gt htc.(title for title) Should have knew. Anyway it's for sale. Everything quiting. My husband has even suggested my car, chainsaw And big tree. I give up on figuring it out

#5 ·
Thank you 1of4885
Zenish,,,,I hope that you are not that concerned about your top failing. And if it does, I hope that you enjoyed what you can outof it. Many of the members here will try to help you the best they can to get you going again.

Now barbie,,,,I know you are frustrated and it appears that you are a ford mustang fan at heart. Please don't come over to this site and dis all over our cars. And not on my posts either!

Thank-you and respectfully,
Convertme

#8 ·
one of the reasons that I have wanted my car back so badly is the paint color. I believe that it make my car a very low numbers car.
Specific reasons for this conclusion;
. with the help of Mark ….
we determined that Gm / Pontiac manufactured 2462 GTP retractable hard top convertibles for the 2006 model year (the one and only year of the convertible in the GTP trim.)
. of the 2462GTPs produced for the north American market 247 were equipped the rpo u19 instrument cluster (approximately 10% of the 2462)
. 246 of them were produced for the Canadian market rpo z49 (we don't know what happened to the one car. maybe went to Europe … we don't know.)
. 130 of the 2462 were painted rpo 91u paint code. (described as Dark Polo Green Metallic ) my car is not green and the only other car that I think is comparible is also blue like mine. Arrival blue metatllic.

Genuine GM ACDelco Arrival Blue Metallic Touch Up Paint ...
Description This is a Genuine GM ACDelco Arrival Blue Metallic touch up paint application kit for your vehicle with paint code 91U or WA 815K. Abrasive Prep Tip: Use pointed edge to r...………………

the above is supported by documents, internet information and other support information
now at this point I don't know where to go to actually verify that my conclusions have standing and invite any comments that support or disprove them,

I know that I have at least a 1 of 130 car based on the numbers 130 have rpo 91u or wa815k (my car says rpo wa815k)
130 cars were for the North American market how many of these were for the Canadian market?? 130/2462 x 100 = 5 %
5 percent of the cdn production numbers is 12 cars....1of12 sounds good but maybe too good!!!

what do you all think ???

#9 ·
. of the 2462GTPs produced for the north American market 247 were equipped the rpo u19 instrument cluster (approximately 10% of the 2462)
. 246 of them were produced for the Canadian market rpo z49 (we don't know what happened to the one car. maybe went to Europe … we don't know.)
. 130 of the 2462 were painted rpo 91u paint code.
So, I also have an 06 GTP Convertible. How would I go about looking to see if my car is one of the 247 that were equipped with the rpo u19 cluster? I obviously don't have the exceptionally rare paint since mine is black, but i wanted to know if mine was more unique than the already small number of being one of 2462. How/where do I locate the information behind the rpo u19 instrument cluster and the rpo 91u paint code or whatever variation my specific car has?

#15 ·
Crap Zenish. How come so many rear end collisions? make sure that your insurance company uses correct values depending on what you want to do. Remember that Most of the parts are no longer made, so to use new prices will not give you an accurate repair estimate.
good luck
convertme

#16 ·
Crap Zenish. How come so many rear end collisions? make sure that your insurance company uses correct values depending on what you want to do. Remember that Most of the parts are no longer made, so to use new prices will not give you an accurate repair estimate.
good luck
convertme
two years ago a women rolled into me at a stop light.it just crumpled the plastic bumper.i got it fixed.sunday another woman slammed into the right rear as i waited to turn right.busted taillight and pushed the right trunk wall in about an inch.so now the trunk doesn't close.btw the 89 camaro i had before was totaled when a women slammed into the same corner at another stop light.i really liked that car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.