The G6 GXP Picture Thread! - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

The G6 GXP Picture Thread!

Here are a couple cool shots

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:30 PM

I uploaded a few to the Gallery as well.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 02:54 PM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
here is a link to some pictures of a red gxp at a dealership

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...pic=19722&st=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 08:25 PM

ruined

The GXP is embarrassing. I have had a 2000 Grand Prix, a 2004 Grand Prix 2 montanas and now my wife has a grand am se. The reason why I traded my Grand prix in was because the G6 doesn't look like a boy racer. It almost is stealth like, because those guys with there scions and civics and celicas and even accords have no ideas what happened to them when I disappear at a light! Not to mention people with v6 camaros and firebirds. I am disappointed in how it looks. The coup on its own is gorgeous, same with the convertible, and I still love the looks of my GTP sedan when I come out to it.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 07:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Oracle Send a message via Skype™ to The Oracle
Thumbs down Too much to the extreme...

I have never & refuse to lower my rides in any way, shape or form. My 2005 G6-GT is lower than any car I've eyt to own. The front air dam (as I call it doesn't perform well against other items such as partking blocks - so it remains in my trunk as I quickly tired of reinstalling it. The new GXP allows not enough room to run over a pop can much less anything else. Some (& I use this word loosely) of the new styling is well done but, the majority is gawdy to the extreme. Someone apparently is trying to revitalize the Firebird via G6.

If they wanted to revitalize a good thing, why not use the concept - I know I loved that styling - that's what brought me to the G6 to start wtih.

Patrick [aka: The Oracle]

Last edited by The Oracle; 09-18-2007 at 07:55 AM. Reason: further thoughts
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 04:57 PM

I like the two door, but the 4dr looks goofy
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
RAM AIR!!

Send a message via AIM to coupe_gtp
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
I have never & refuse to lower my rides in any way, shape or form. My 2005 G6-GT is lower than any car I've eyt to own. The front air dam (as I call it doesn't perform well against other items such as partking blocks - so it remains in my trunk as I quickly tired of reinstalling it. The new GXP allows not enough room to run over a pop can much less anything else. Some (& I use this word loosely) of the new styling is well done but, the majority is gawdy to the extreme. Someone apparently is trying to revitalize the Firebird via G6.

If they wanted to revitalize a good thing, why not use the concept - I know I loved that styling - that's what brought me to the G6 to start wtih.
The gxps aren't that low actually, the ones on the pontiac site are just lowered so they appeal to more people and look nicer. I lowered my g6 and I love how it looks as compared to the stock stance of a suv. Here is a really low g6.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe_gtp View Post
The gxps aren't that low actually, the ones on the pontiac site are just lowered so they appeal to more people and look nicer. I lowered my g6 and I love how it looks as compared to the stock stance of a suv. Here is a really low g6.

Nice! Looks close to mine!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 07:08 AM
08 GXP

sedan vs coupe

Before I got my GXP, I looked at the coupe and the spoiler, (IMO), looked too oversized. After seeing the smaller version, (relatively speaking), on the sedan, that was the car I wanted.

Ivory White with 2 tone tan leather, black chrome wheels and street edition package

Last edited by GXP_street_sedan; 12-16-2007 at 11:27 AM.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 PM

How do people that own the G6 GXP like them? I currently have an 01 Grand Am GT. I wanted to buy a new G8 GT but am getting tired of no one knowing when they are arriving and the dealers plan on gouging people when they do get one or two. I am now leaning towards a G6 GXP. Is it pretty quick? I know its not the 400HP that the G8 GXP was rumored to be at, but it still must get up and go. How is the quality and reliabilty, an problems? Thanks for any info.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 06:22 AM
08 GXP

It's true that a 252HP V6 does not have the same get and go, (or tire squealing capability), that a big V8 has but ,(IMO), I have had my G6 GXP for almost 3 months now and it has more than enough pick up to be fun.

In a pinch I can always turn off the traction control and stabilitrak features for some wheel spinning fun! I have experienced NO PROBLEMS as of now.

I give it a 2 thumbs up recommendation!!!!

'08 Ivory White with tan leather GXP street edition sedan
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 12:01 PM

I LOVE this car. The pick up on it stock is pretty good. The spoiler sucks but it makes the car believe it or not. Without it it looks like it has no ass. LOL I'm experimenting with the engine mods right now. The only prob i came across was putting in a new filter made my service engine light pop on. So I have to wait for the tune to put it back on. Other than that.. the car is great.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 04:36 PM

car kicks ass
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Tune info You guys/gals might want to know!

Starting with the 2007 model year GM has installed a recorder of sorts that shows how many times your PCM has been accessed or flashed. It stores up to 10 access atempts or flashes. Some say simply get a Vector tune with a new ECM and you are good to go but this is not the case either! When you put your old PCM in it will show the mileage when it ran last and the last time it had power. I work at a Dealership and sell these cars I had Vector tune my 2006 Trailblazer SS and they rock, but I just wanted to let you know if your dealer is a dick he will know and can use aginst you
I'm getting my wife a white GXP sedan with the street package, I'm thinking aboutthe GM acessory chrome 7 spoke wheels. What do you guys think?
I know their is alot of info in this post but I'm on my I-phone and trying to make this all make sense.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 DOR VTT View Post
Starting with the 2007 model year GM has installed a recorder of sorts that shows how many times your PCM has been accessed or flashed. It stores up to 10 access atempts or flashes. Some say simply get a Vector tune with a new ECM and you are good to go but this is not the case either! When you put your old PCM in it will show the mileage when it ran last and the last time it had power. I work at a Dealership and sell these cars I had Vector tune my 2006 Trailblazer SS and they rock, but I just wanted to let you know if your dealer is a dick he will know and can use aginst you
I'm getting my wife a white GXP sedan with the street package, I'm thinking aboutthe GM acessory chrome 7 spoke wheels. What do you guys think?
I know their is alot of info in this post but I'm on my I-phone and trying to make this all make sense.

Thats some great info. My boyfriend has a Trailblazer SS with a tune and when the cam bolts backed out he needed a whole new motor. The tune was never taken out and the dealer had no idea it was ever there. I tried to get a tune today but unfortunetly HP tuners had nothing for me being its too new and nothing was able to be editted. I found out what the service engine light code was and it said Cam Shaft Position Sensor and something with the transmission.. i don't remember what it was exactly. I was told this happened to a kid who owns a cobalt SS and when he drove his car WOT ( like i did mine) that popped on as well. I'm taking it to the dealer this week. Has anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 GXP Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in