No 2010 G6 Gxp - Pontiac G6 Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

No 2010 G6 Gxp

So now that it's been established that the GXP will only come in two model years, what are the chances these will become collector items?....(maybe?)

http://www.motorauthority.com/cadill...gm-lineup.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:28 AM

There's a value in everthing at some point. You'll just need a buyer. Who would of thought that GI Joe & Barbie would bring so much money??
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I got a ton of GiJoes.....not the 3" either. The 12"ers! lol

I even have the astronaut and capsul on a shelf.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:02 PM

I guarantee that some day in the future you will hear yourself saying "I wish I kept that car." Haven't met a person yet who didn't feel that way about one of their previous vehicles. You could be that guy who brings his lawn chair week after week to sit in the only patch of grass in a large parking lot to reminisce about the good ol' days. All the while talking to other dedicated Pontiac owners during a Sunday cruise night listening to good classic music from the 2000s... wait what good music??

Black 2005 Pontiac G6 GT: (SOLD)
Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Orange 1971 Ford F-100 Sport Custom:
Completely Stock -302ci
Silver 2010 GMC Sierra GFX edition: (SOLD)
Stock
Granite 2015 Chrysler 200c
Stock
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 11:47 AM

I wish I had all those cars I used to have back in the day. Firebirds (69 convertable), F/B Trans Ams (had 7 of them), Bonnevilles (67 2+2 w/389 option), Gran Prix (70 400 LJ, 81 301 pont small block) .

I could be retired now.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devriesd View Post
I guarantee that some day in the future you will hear yourself saying "I wish I kept that car." Haven't met a person yet who didn't feel that way about one of their previous vehicles. You could be that guy who brings his lawn chair week after week to sit in the only patch of grass in a large parking lot to reminisce about the good ol' days. All the while talking to other dedicated Pontiac owners during a Sunday cruise night listening to good classic music from the 2000s... wait what good music??

You're right for a V6 it's very solid and can strike some fear in some of these V8 boys. I'm keeping it!
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech_5 View Post
I wish I had all those cars I used to have back in the day. Firebirds (69 convertable), F/B Trans Ams (had 7 of them), Bonnevilles (67 2+2 w/389 option), Gran Prix (70 400 LJ, 81 301 pont small block) .

I could be retired now.
Actually I was thinking about picking up another VIBE. I really like the 03-04 models. That would be my 3rd and It's ideal for my little 10 month old to ride in the back versus the G6 Coupe, which isn't a problem... yet.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 AM
ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Flynn View Post
You're right for a V6 it's very solid and can strike some fear in some of these V8 boys. I'm keeping it!
I was surfing the internet and I saw this funny comment. There is no way you could ever keep up with a 5.7 liter unless your running a turbo, or supercharger with the PSI turned up, you wont strike fear into anything. Even the northstar could beat these engines. V6 doesnt make enouph torque to compete with a v8.

Lets say somehow you did have enouph torque, the structure and integrity of the vehicle would not be able to support the massive amount of twisting. You would have to run larger tires, larger suspension components, etc. To much money to put into for a v6

Stay in school fool!

If you want to test this out I will drag you and blow you out the water... Detriot area....

Last edited by ls1; 10-02-2010 at 11:44 AM.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 View Post
If you want to test this out I will drag you and blow you out the water... Detriot area....
Whether you are right or not, those are bold words for someone who has a post count of 2.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
Whether you are right or not, those are bold words for someone who has a post count of 2.
It dont matter, I just didnt know people actually thought those things. lol I dont know any v6, except 300zx(twin turbo) that can overpower a v8. Thats some bold things to say about a v6, that he doesnt even know the real quarter mile for. It doesn't matter from 0-60, if the car doesn't pull after 60 then what use is it to brag....

Also, there are people like him that will actually think that then try to race a v8 and then smash thier car, etc. He needs to be more relistic. If you have the logic you can beat a v8 you willing to do more questionable things. I digress, hopefully if he ever goes to a drag strip he does not tell someone with an LS based motor or hemi base motor, my v6 can beat you. He will be lauphed out of town and there are some dick heads that will just black ball you.

Might as well get this person prepared so he doesnt make bad mistakes, I know what his car can do, and it cannot comepete with lt1,ls1,5.7 hemi, 6.1 hemi.

Now I know for a fact he can beat ricers.

Last edited by ls1; 10-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 PM

The G6 as we all know are not dragsters and never will be. I don't know why you are trying revive an old thread to argue that. I'll tell you that my G6 can blow the doors off my V8. Then again its from 1971 and in a old farm truck, bit different then a muscle car. It comes down to this, the guy likes his 6 and wants to keep it. So do I.

Going back to the original point of this thread, will the G8 GXP be a collectors item in the future. My bet is yes. It is last true Pontiac to ever roll off the line (I don't count the vibe). Pontiac has always been a brand where power and muscle was a big factor, so I think the limited amount of them and the circumstances of Pontiac's demise will make these cars valuable to the right buyer in the future. However we can't forget that these cars are just Holdens and if anyone takes a trip down under while buying a few Pontiac badges of eBay you could have a 2011 G8 too.

Black 2005 Pontiac G6 GT: (SOLD)
Mods: uPAC-GM11B Aux Input, red painted calipers, Black Arrowhead overlays, and CRAB Intakes.
Orange 1971 Ford F-100 Sport Custom:
Completely Stock -302ci
Silver 2010 GMC Sierra GFX edition: (SOLD)
Stock
Granite 2015 Chrysler 200c
Stock
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Lifetime Member

Hey guys, we all have different opinions here on G6Ownersclub and we are ALL free to express them without fear of someone else being an ass about it.
This forum is to talk/debate/share not insult.

I don't take kindly to anyone being a know it all.

Be respectful and you shall be respected!

Be disrespectful and there will be consequences!!

Mike
MODS;
None, if I want a faster car I'll buy one.

Last edited by geewhiz; 10-02-2010 at 06:36 PM.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Here here!!

2008 Pontiac Sedan - 3.5 V6

Mods so far:
Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Air Intake with Heat shield , 17' Salsa Rims from FastWheels.ca, Lower Grille Chrome Accents, Windows Visors, Hood Deflector, Debadged, Silver Overlays, Eyelids, Recessed Upper Grille, Tinted Tails, GM Strut Bar

Coming Soon - In Order:
Racingline MMI
Racingline Grounding Kit

Updated: 02/22/2011

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1 View Post
I was surfing the internet and I saw this funny comment. There is no way you could ever keep up with a 5.7 liter unless your running a turbo, or supercharger with the PSI turned up, you wont strike fear into anything. Even the northstar could beat these engines. V6 doesnt make enouph torque to compete with a v8.

Lets say somehow you did have enouph torque, the structure and integrity of the vehicle would not be able to support the massive amount of twisting. You would have to run larger tires, larger suspension components, etc. To much money to put into for a v6

Stay in school fool!

So 'weight' has nothing to do with everything you just said right which is really not a lot considering your too chicken isht to state where you're from...
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

My son's Camaro has an LS1....

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 GXP Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in