08 G6 GXP Mods?? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

08 G6 GXP Mods??

I have a Cold air intake and know that I need to buy a heat shield, but I’m looking for some way to really up the Geberal performance of my car. Does anyone here have the know how and time for someone to potentially pay for them to to put in better fuel injectors, cams, headers, and anything else I’ve not named that I’m not an expert on. For a fair price I’d drive the car to you (I live in southwest Ohio). I need someone who I can trust to do things right, even someone who can tune the cars computer too and be willing to keep me completely updated on exactly what is happening to my car on a day to day basis. (Day to Day as in whatever days something’s else is being done). My GXP is my baby and I need things done right. I successfully swapped out the old engine with a rebuilt one of the same size but don’t have the know how to start doing my own mods. I’ve looked into performance chips and such but I don’t want to start messing with things that serious without consulting someone who knows what they are doing better than myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM
08 convertible

That type of work isn't cheap. You might get more responses if you give more info, like what is your performance goal (something more concrete than "really up the performance") and what your budget is.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

That’s a really good point thanks 😅
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

I don’t want to spend any more than $5,000 when it’s all said and done. I know I need a better exhaust system. I was also possibly thinking new fuel injectors. I dont know enough about about cams and headers other than there’s different ways that upgrading those can really up hp. But i know In order to do big changes like that without jeopardizing your engine there’s a lot of other mechanical things that would need upgraded to be able to handle the added stress. Like I said I’m no expert on these things, my intent is to find someone who knows what to buy. Hopefully how to tune. And would do it for me for the right price. I want to have a unique G6 with as much power as possible while also being able to trust it as a daily
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

When I say I don’t want to spend any more than $5000 I mean on parts. If someone is genuinely interested in letting me pay them to modify my car then message me and we can talk about things and labor pricing and what not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 GXP Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in