Personal Preference: Why did you choose the Coupe over the Sedan? Vice Versa.. - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Personal Preference: Why did you choose the Coupe over the Sedan? Vice Versa..

Hey Guys, I just wanted to start a discussion but didn't want to limit it to just the GXP model but all styles. Wanted to get a better view on why when you got your vehicle you chose to go with the Sedan over the Coupe or vice versa. I know just from reading through topics and searching aftermarket websites that not all parts end up working for both models such as Euro-Tails, etc. Any thoughts please feel free to add. Thanks.

2009 Pontiac G6 GXP Sedan

K&N Filter, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Da.v3

in my opinion...

G6 is a great, decent, well balanced value car that has a nice mix of looks ( exterior and interior, power ( gtp/gxp ), functionality ( quite large trunk in the coupe, and trunk and back seat in the sedan

its sporty ( coupe ) vs soccer mom / family car ( sedan ) tho i have seen some nice sedans after many mods...ie body kit, hood ect

gtp/gxp - power

gt - functional power and a hint mileage in mind

base / 2.4 - economy

I chose coupe because im young - its sporty....gtp because its the powerhouse of the 06 model and fit in my budget.

If i was older, had a baby / family or w.e i would likely have got a sedan, or g8 if it was in my budget at the time.

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Performance: Full CRABs | RacingLine street MMIs + STB

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 PM

I got the sedan because i feel like the back end is too big and rounded on the coupe... not for me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Da.v3

=\ the back end is the same size as sedan, only smaller....it is is curved and styled so its actually smaller lol

back end is like a mix of some lexus ive seen, g35 / 350z / solara/ and so on and so on ;lol

Black 06 GTP Coupe

Appearance: Tint - 35%r, 45%f | Tinted Alteza Tails | Black Halo Proj Eagle Eye Headlights |5000k HIDS in low and fogs w/ 100w hal in high | Red Leds under dash and behind grilles | White LED Interior Bulbs + Trunk, Plate | Bebadged w/ black overlays
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Moderator Member Thingy

Send a message via AIM to Abyssul Send a message via MSN to Abyssul
I got the car when I was 16 so I didn't really know enough about cars. I originally almost went with a early 2000 Impreza. I decided to look at a few more cars before deciding on the Impreza. A couple days later I ran across my G6 in a lot and basically loved it.

My only regret is that I didn't research enough so that I could get the GTP or leather interior. I didn't understand that there was more than the "GT", but I still love my car regardless. I didn't even know the car came in coupe/convertible styles until a few months later.

I prefer the sedan anyways. The rear of the coupe doesn't flow with the front at all. I swear if you chopped the car in half, you could say they were two different cars. Convertibles are out of mind because EVERY convertible has their problems eventually. Plus, the soft top convertibles are more prone to being broken into (in my experience).

2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM

After my CTS was totalled, i was looking and looking for a good replacement. If i was going to buy another 4 door it was going to have to be another CTS or better. but, i didn't have the cash for a luxury sedan. so i was looking for a sporty 2 door. looked at celica's and civics and rsx's. but they felt cheap. and i didn't want to take a large spet down. i came across my 07 GTP coupe at a great price. i wanted to find a G35 but once again not enough cash. i've had it for about 4 mounths and it's a good car. still trying to get used to torque steer. but we have had snow or ice so i haven't been able to have any FUN yet.

Had a 07 GTP coupe, traded in for my GTI....
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Da.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekb27 View Post
After my CTS was totalled, i was looking and looking for a good replacement. If i was going to buy another 4 door it was going to have to be another CTS or better. but, i didn't have the cash for a luxury sedan. so i was looking for a sporty 2 door. looked at celica's and civics and rsx's. but they felt cheap. and i didn't want to take a large spet down. i came across my 07 GTP coupe at a great price. i wanted to find a G35 but once again not enough cash. i've had it for about 4 mounths and it's a good car. still trying to get used to torque steer. but we have had snow or ice so i haven't been able to have any FUN yet.

same here.

but they are all WAY too small. im only 6'3 and a bit and all those cars are WAYYY too tiny. and yes, ive been in each one.

I tried out a g35 the previous owner installed some seat lowering kit..and apparently it moved it back abit too and it was still very tight.

not to mention the functionality....ive stuffed my 46inch tv in my car. and a fouton along with its massive mattress lol. couldnt do that with any of those other cars
celicas are a joke. girls are....well, all of the above mentioned are either for little guys or girls

Black 06 GTP Coupe

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

Uh, what if the answer is "neither" ?

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Da.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop Diamond View Post
Uh, what if the answer is "neither" ?
you have a coupe noob. the roof just retracts :P

Black 06 GTP Coupe

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Fried like a Cheese Stick

OK fair enough - I chose the coupe because the sedan didn't offer a retractable roof

BTW fortunately for you I had a balanced and nutritious breakfast or I might have taken exception to someone who's been here a year less than me with half as many posts calling me a "noob". Oh wait I'm also a Moderator - guess I gotta do what I gotta do

09 White Diamond Tricoat 'vert here!

Now with CRABs, STBs, & The Heart Ruling The Mind!

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:33 AM
-Banned-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptop Diamond View Post
OK fair enough - I chose the coupe because the sedan didn't offer a retractable roof

BTW fortunately for you I had a balanced and nutritious breakfast or I might have taken exception to someone who's been here a year less than me with half as many posts calling me a "noob". Oh wait I'm also a Moderator - guess I gotta do what I gotta do

I bought the coupe because fat bitches can't fit in the backseat.

Note to self: always respect elders(Droptop)
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 AM

Garage
I'm with abyssul...I didnt do my research when I first found the 6. I was brand new to modding my previous vehicle was a ford ranger. Saying that, it was an extended cab and it was a pain for ppl to sit in the back so i went with the sedan. If I had known the 6 came in hardtop convertible I'd been all over that though. My next vehicle WILL be a hardtop vert no doubt they're sick

2006 Pontiac G6 V6 3500L
Crimson Red
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
07 SILVER GT CONVERTIBLE

Coupe cause the top goes away whenever I like.

2007 GT CONVERTIBLE 3.9, CRABS 3 c/w FPU,RACINGLINE STB,PAINTED CALIPERS,CROSS DRILLED ROTORS,PAINTED ENGINE COVER RECESSED LOWER GRILLS,CARAID INTERIOR TRIM KIT,PERIPHERAL iPHONE STREAMING AUDIO,GTR EXHAUST,RACINGLINE MMI(STREET)

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Decepticon Extraordinaire

I bought the Sedan cause there was no Coupe in 2005.

MODS:
Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

My Progession
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSIX33 View Post
I got the sedan because i feel like the back end is too big and rounded on the coupe... not for me..
I like em big and round
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > General Discussion > G6 GXP Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in