stock radio - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Angry stock radio

I made my girlfriend a MP3 cd to play in our radio. Later on she told me her car stock radio could play MP3, she has a 03 ford focus. I tried it and it did so i was thinkin it should play in mine, if a ford focus could a G6 has to be abole to. I was rong so im a lttle mad, im going to putt a after market radio in SOON.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 10:10 PM

buddy... umm... buy an ipod and a ipod adapter.. tada.. better. MP3 cd player... good concept... no sound quality -_-
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
I made my girlfriend a MP3 cd to play in our radio. Later on she told me her car stock radio could play MP3, she has a 03 ford focus. I tried it and it did so i was thinkin it should play in mine, if a ford focus could a G6 has to be abole to. I was rong so im a lttle mad, im going to putt a after market radio in SOON.
yeah i totaly agree with the ipod idea ... cuz the stock G6 radio sounds great and there's not that many aftermarket cd/mp3 players that could match that ... so ... i'd leave it there and get an iPod or some sort of mp3 player ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 06:07 AM

Do yourself a favor and at least check out an iPod interface unit by AXXESS. I've seen good reviews and I'm getting one for $230, that's including installation. Otherwise if you get something aftermarket that's going to be comparable, especially if you want one XM ready, you're gonna spend some serious cash.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 06:07 PM

What about another MP3 player that is NOT an ipod - I've had two iPods, and I am done with the Apple propitiatory hardware, OS, and connector. All I want to do is be able to change the battery. Anyhow, enough of my woes - the question I have ... what about other MP3 Players. what about USB drives or USB devices... surely there is an adapter. Any ideas?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM

The integration unit I mentioned also allows you to have an aux port that you can plug a standard MP3 player in to. You can have the jack installed almost anywhere and just use a male/male cord when you want to use it. Control is at the MP3 player instead of the head unit. You're still going to spend a couple hundred, but as I said before it's better than dealing with crappy modulators or spending big bucks for a new system. Of course that's merely my opinion and you know what they say about those. I get my interface installed on Monday (with iPod and MP3 options), I'll let everyone know how it goes.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 02:54 PM

Yes Stealth, Please do.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_sergeant View Post
The integration unit I mentioned also allows you to have an aux port that you can plug a standard MP3 player in to. You can have the jack installed almost anywhere and just use a male/male cord when you want to use it. Control is at the MP3 player instead of the head unit. You're still going to spend a couple hundred, but as I said before it's better than dealing with crappy modulators or spending big bucks for a new system. Of course that's merely my opinion and you know what they say about those. I get my interface installed on Monday (with iPod and MP3 options), I'll let everyone know how it goes.
So? Was it worth it? Does it work? I WON'T go iPod, but I do have a bluetooth MP3 that also has mini usb connection. So I am anxious to hear about the AXXESS installations

Thanks
Eddie
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:07 AM

Just got it installed the other day and yes it was worth it to me. I got the aux port too and I actually like using that better because it's easier and faster. I'm not the type to leave my iPod in the car anyway so with the aux and the cord I don't have to keep putting it in and out of the glove box. You can plug into the iPod jack and run it from the head until but it's kind of a pain. It works great and no more CD's or crappy FM modulators!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 PM

i have a 06 g6 with the 6 disk changer and it will play mp3 cd it... is it because of the upgraded radio or what?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
GTP 06

Send a message via MSN to maykevin5
Quote:
Originally Posted by redg6va View Post
i have a 06 g6 with the 6 disk changer and it will play mp3 cd it... is it because of the upgraded radio or what?
I also have a 06 and for some reason it will only play some mp3 disks. They don't have any wma formats on it. I think only the monsoon radios will play mp3's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in