Need some help with an OEM upgrade - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Question Need some help with an OEM upgrade

I have a 2009 gt sedan and when I got it, the radio had the plasma under the screen all messed up. Since I've been slowly replacing my car, I decided to do the radio next. I want to upgrade my radio to the newer g6 style, and I know that it doesn't keep the DIC, but I never really used it to begin with. Just wondering if I would have to buy a wiring harness or anything extra for the installation. Also, would the steering wheel buttons still work? This is the radio I want to get.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-10-Pont...26d287&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM

I wanted to do the same thing, but GM told me I had to change out my gauges also. The DIC is moved to the gauges and you would loose your trip odemeter and the clock/outside temp display. The steering wheel controls would have to be switched to the new ones from that model car and the colors would be a blue/green color not red. IDK if this is true but thats what my local GM told me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in