Radio works but no sound, help??? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Radio works but no sound, help???

I have a 07 G6 GT and my factory monsoon radio works (etc shows temp, station, all my info) but there is no noise coming from the speakers.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Could it be the amplifier, and if so can I use any G6 amplifier or just the one for the 07 model? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Damon Jenkins; 02-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Damon Jenkins,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with the vehicle. Is the volume up? Are you hearing any sound? Are you receiving any error messages?

Please refer to pages 221 through 251 for additional assistance. For your convenience, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...Pontiac-G6.pdf

If this issue persists, I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer more information after inspecting the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Have you checked into GM Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.gm.com!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

No noise but the head unit works perfectly, so I am sure its the amp. I just want to make sure before I drop the money on the amp. Also does it have to be the amp from the 07 G6 or can it be from any G6? I have the monsoon system that comes in the car.

Also all the dummy things (volume up, etc.) was checked. No sound at all. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Damon Jenkins; 02-20-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 AM
05 G6

I have an 05 g6 and it happen to me also, the stupid amp went out so i got a same year monsoon amp used, and like 8 moths later if went out so i got rid of it all and got a double din all new speakers subs and amp and metra dic

INSTALLED: PIONEER DOUBLE DEN;ROCKFORD PRIME 500/1 MONO AMP, 2x12"ROCKFORD P1;CRAB INTAKE OPTION#3 & FPU;FLOWMASTER FULL CATBACK EXHAUST;HID 8K.
SOON:INSTALLING LOWERING SPRINGS AND CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTED ROTORS AND REPLACING FRONT STRUTS
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Yea I just bought a used monsoon amp that was the same as the one already in the car, I will let you guys know how long it lasts, thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in