Adding cruise controls, radio controls, and bluetooth to 2009.5 base G6 - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Adding cruise controls, radio controls, and bluetooth to 2009.5 base G6

I spent many months researching about adding cruise control and radio controls to the steering wheel of my base model 2009.5 G6. I found a lot of helpful threads for the earlier year models, however I wasn't quite sure about the part numbers after they updated the radio. I decided to post the information here for those that were interested in the upgrade. I ended up buying a steering wheel off ebay for testing. Going this route you can do this upgrade for about $70. You will need a steering wheel with the info (DIC) buttons and the radio buttons with the mouth and phone on it. The good news is that after plugging everything in it worked perfectly and no programming by the dealership was needed. It even accessed the onstar module for making phone calls and such. I ordered the bluetooth version of the onstar module off ebay as well and will post how that integrates later. For those that want part numbers, here you go.

Cruise Switch: 15943492
Radio Switch: 25864457
LH Bezel: 28045109
RH Bezel: 28045111
Harness: 34039634B or 16911002
(The first harness number came out of a Malibu and worked perfect. The second came out of a g6 and had a Precision Harness Inc tag on it with that number.)

Oddly enough the bezels and harness don't pop up on gmpartsdirect, but that is what was on the stickers (my old ones didn't pop up on it either). The switches and harness from a Malibu steering wheel will work as well, however the bezels will not fit (just fyi).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in