Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Dealership programming?

9K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  aljhayes 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a new radio for my car because I want a aux jack and a different interface, but I like the factory radios for some reason. I have a 06 G6 looking for a 09 model head unit. So I did my research found one on eBay for about 70 bucks but before I bought it I wanted to see if the dealership would actually program it for me. They ended up saying no giving me what sounded like a bs excuse. Has anyone else ran into this problem or is it just me? If so is there anywhere else I could get it programmed.

#4 ·
2009.5 and 2010 G6s have a head unit with out the DIC (Driver info center) beause its built into the speedo. I have an 09 with the dic in the stereo like yours. You can buy a headunit like mine. It has an AUX right in the front. But these OEM radios only last so long.

#11 ·
*Update* instead of buying a 09 model I got a 08 Saturn vue one. Only because the led is red. And picked up a wiring harness for it. I also went back to the dealer and they told me, as long as they don't have to install it and the wires are connected they could program it. The hu isn't installed yet but ill upload pics and keep the updates coming

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
i really liked my oem stereo when it worked, then the 6 CD changer kept breaking on me and finally got an ipod connector and used it for a few more years until recently i upgraded my radio all together and so far pretty happy.

#17 ·
i think i messed some things up. i had to find another harness and now im stuck. i cant seem to figure out why it wont turn on. i press the "i" button then the clock shows for about 5 seconds then turns off. im not able to make it function. maybe one of my wires is mixed or something. can some one help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.