Pontiac G6 Forum banner

8 Speakers???

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  chsmith85 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a GTP and the specifications say 6 disc Monsoon system w/ 8 Premium speakers. However when I count I only see 6. You have 2 tweeters near the sides of the dash (on the door) and 2 speakers, 1 on each of the front doors. Then I just have 2 back speakers.....The dealer told me that each of the back speakers also has tweeters in them.....but I dont know who to believe........ Did I just get Jyped or are there really 2 tweeters in the Back speakers? :mad:

#6 ·
Coupe has 2 speakers in each door (tweeter and one behind larger grill). The rear speakers on package shelf are coaxial and are counted as 2 each. Check and you will see 4 wires going to each. The reason the coupe door has grill with provisions or 3 speakers is that the same grill is used on convertible. On the convertible there ARE 3 speakers in each door and rear speaker is only a single one outboard of each rear passenger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.