installing 2 din head unit - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

installing 2 din head unit

hi i have a 2009 g6 ant i want to put a pioneer 2 din head unit in. im just wondering what functionality im going to lose will the led display on the tac no longer work? if so is ther any kits that will allow this display to still work? any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

sorry the display is on the spedo not the tac
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

If the DIC is in the stereo you will loose it when you get a new stereo. You can get a metra dash kit and relocate that to keep all the info and controls whole being able to run a double din.
or you can just go without the dic altogether.
You'll lose the trip counters, MPG counters, oil change life, fuel range, and settings for the alarm, remote start (if equipped). Lighting, lock/unlock settings etc. Just press info and menu a bunch and see what settings come up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

so I was tired of looking to an answer on-line, so i decided to take apart my dash and disconnect my radio. I am happy to report that in the 4 cylinder 4 door 2009 g6, you do not lose your instrument cluster driver information centre if you remove the factory radio. I hope this info can help someone else down the line.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG6 View Post
If the DIC is in the stereo you will loose it when you get a new stereo. You can get a metra dash kit and relocate that to keep all the info and controls whole being able to run a double din.
or you can just go without the dic altogether.
You'll lose the trip counters, MPG counters, oil change life, fuel range, and settings for the alarm, remote start (if equipped). Lighting, lock/unlock settings etc. Just press info and menu a bunch and see what settings come up.
After checking into this, you will only lose the SETTINGS not the actual remote start, I read it as losing the remote start..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM

Dic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEKEREDUDE View Post
hi i have a 2009 g6 ant i want to put a pioneer 2 din head unit in. im just wondering what functionality im going to lose will the led display on the tac no longer work? if so is ther any kits that will allow this display to still work? any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks
Yes Dude I had to install a Metra 95-3303b unit to keep the DIC info, hope this picture comes up, but this is what it look like in my glove box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIC box.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	7642  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in