Monsoon resets to AM radio / leaves the Bass turned up??? - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Monsoon resets to AM radio / leaves the Bass turned up???

Hi everyone,

This is my first post about my new (to me) G6! This is a 2006 GT w/ Monsoon and Satellite Radio. Only 101,000 miles - just breaking her in!

When I shut the car off, and leave it for a while, I'm often met with a surprise when I return to the vehicle. The radio will be in AM, and the bass will be about 3/4 of the way up. I can easily change it back to XM and a more mild level of bass... but then when I leave and return again - it's happened again!

The AM problem happens rarely - every twentieth time I leave the car? The Bass problem happens 100% of the time.

Is there a battery in this radio that is supposed to hold the user's settings? Is there a ground that might be loose?

Any help is appreciated! Otherwise, my radio works and sounds awesome.

Thanks,
Andy in California
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in