Help Me Find One - Pontiac G6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Help Me Find One

Okay, I've been doing search after search looking for the perfect double din for me.

Features wanted:
> Touch screen of course
> Volume dial option (I don't like full touch)
> Bluetooth
> Navigation
> MUST light up red or be able to change to red

I prefer Alpine, but I'm open to few other options. I'm only looking to spend in the $600 range. That's why I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Everything I find that sparks my interests is in the $700+ range, and I don't see myself paying that much for a radio.

I saw this one, but I much rather have Alpine. What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated.

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims

Last edited by Scarred; 09-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 09:18 PM

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
That Pioneer is the same one I listed above. It is really nice. That may be the option I end up going with. I'll need a factory integration adapter so I could still get the warning chimes too, right?

Scarred's G6

tinted windows, blacked out tail lights, glasspack exhaust, resonator delete, plasti dipped arrowheads, debadged, painted calipers, Decepticon door emblems, Decepticon steering wheel emblem, and 17" Vision Cross matte black rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Well, I was bidding on one on eBay. Had it in the bag up until the last bit of the bidding. Someone got it from under me for $395, which was a steal! Oh well, I will have to go with my original choice when I save up the money. I'm still not sure rather I need the FI adapter, or if its even a big deal to keep the chimes feature. Though, I would like to keep them. Hopefully my dad and I will at least be putting my lowering springs on this weekened or next. That'll save me a little heartache from the nav lol

Scarred's G6

Last edited by Scarred; 09-09-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Fixed a misspelled word
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 12:14 PM
OOBER SUPER MEMBER

It's my understanding the chimes will work either way. The only thing you would need to worry about is keeping the DIC. Which is done by using the Metra dash kit. People with double dins often mount them somewhere else. Like the glovebox.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
Yeah, I would probably get the DIC kit and relocate it in my center console. I was on Crutchfield and it says the FI adapter is for OnStar, RAP (whatever that is), and safety warning chimes.

Scarred's G6

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM

I've driven around without a radio and my chimes worked fine. RAP is Retained Accessory Power. It's what keeps the radio on when you turn the car off and allows it to run for 10 minutes or until the door is opened.

The one you linked is not the same as the one I linked. I linked a 950bh and you linked a 850bt.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Decepticon

Garage
You two saved me a good bit of money then! And Dmanj, they looked identical, so I didn't look further. I'm guessing the one you linked has more features? I'll definitely be going with one or the other. My main uses for it will be navigation and most of all, bluetooth for audio. I love my music!

Scarred's G6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac G6 Forum > Technical Discussion & Modifications > Car Audio, Video and Security

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G6 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in